Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health And Safety File

This is the first post I have done so here goes....

I work in a pre-school and we have a health and safety file but we are very aware this now needs updating (its been on the 'to do' list for a while) and would like to ask all you lovely people what kind of information you have in yours?

We currently have fire regulations, fire drils, COSHH information and risk assessments. Is there anything we are missing?

Thank you.

samfrostie :o

Thanks Cait yes we have most of those xD maybe the folder is more up to date that we thought but if any one has any ideas please let me know :o

hi samfrostie, trying to think what I keep in my health and safety file at Pre-School. Like you we keep risk assessments, fire drill records and COSHH information. Also file daily health and safety and food hygiene checklists and I keep records of all trips we make off the school site (basic information such as date, time, number of children, number of adults, reference to risk assessment) etc. I think thats all I keep in the file, but its late and my memory is not what it used to be. If I remember anything else I will get back to you. mrsW.

I think we all need reassurance sometimes, I know I do. Its good for me to know that others are storing the same information so thanks for asking the original question, mrsW.

We should have (need to check when i go in!) something on specific infectious diseases, what to look for, incubation period etc. I know there are posters too but its good to have articles on things like slap cheek which can be photocopied and handed out to parents.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)