Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help

Hi All

I have an interview on Monday. It requires candidates to give a 10 minute presentation the title of which is:

"How would you use the EYFS to support inclusion within the Children’s Centre partnership"?

I have a few ideas but any others would be gratefully received, as I don't want to miss anything out.

Thanks folks!!

Moorgate, you've already posted this once.

I think you may get more response if you give some of your ideas for people to add to. After all without meaning to be unhelpful, this is your interview and your request does seem a little broad.

Good luck.

Moorgate, you've already posted this once.

I think you may get more response if you give some of your ideas for people to add to. After all without meaning to be unhelpful, this is your interview and your request does seem a little broad.

Good luck.

Thanks Susan. I DO know that I have posted this topic twice thank you.

If you don't mind a bit of feed back, I think when giving advice we all need to be careful not to sound patronising.

Sorry, Moorgate, but I agree with Susan. She is a moderator in the forum and is just helping you out. If you have 2 posts for the same thing, the answers will be 'diluted'. It is better to just keep one post. I am sure you already might have some good ideas and you might only need a 'pat on the shoulder' for it. Just give it a try.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow, Moorgate. In response to your question:

"How would you use the EYFS to support inclusion within the Children’s Centre partnership"?

(EYFS 3.4 Enabling Environments The Wider Context)

Work in partnership with other settings, other professionals and with individuals and groups in the community.

You probably already had that but I just wanted to try and help. I work in a school so have very little understanding of Children's Centre partnerships.

Good luck

:o

One more thing to add!

abimat43 started a thread on June 11th entitled 'What Would You Do?' (sorry I still haven't learnt how to do a link!) abimat43 asked a question: 'How would I encourage families in the centre?' Some of the responses in abimat43's thread may be useful to you in relation to inclusion. It may then be possible to link these ideas with the EYFS.

Sienna

Many thanks.

I have found YOUR response very helpful and in the true spirit of this forum you have given me your help.

I am very grateful

Thank you

Sorry Moorgate, I did not mean to upset you. Hope you got on ok today.

Sometimes if a request is too broad people do not know how to offer help. Im not a CCT and I found your request hard to answer, posting this twice did not help me at all but had you expanded your request when you reposted it might have generated more response.

From the lack of responses that you in fact received, it may be that others found it difficult also. Sienna however, was able to point you in the right direction so that was lucky.

I think it is unfortunate that this thread has been slightly dominated by misunderstandings of people's intentions and therefore has a very un FSF feel about it. From an outsider's point of view, I can see it from both people's perspective. Susan is only ever full of great advice and handy tips. I can though understand how Moorgate could have interpreted the original response but the key thing to remember is that text has no tone of voice. I don't think anyone on this forum is ever deliberately unkind, patronising etc... as we are mostly professionals with a shared interest/passion. At the end of the day we are here to help each other. When someone is trying to do so, no matter how it comes across, I think we need to think about how we would talk to each other in person and that certainly helps me when I disagree with another member's post.

I hope nobody disagrees too fervently with this post as I don't do confrontation!

I hope nobody disagrees too fervently with this post as I don't do confrontation!

Nor do I! Sometimes I need to stand up for myself and I dont often do that either! Its all too easy to misinterpret what is written and a non specific request can often be thought of as I cant be bothered to think, can anyone else think for me.

In this case I felt that some detail as to what Moorgate had in mind might have focused others on the sort of help that was required especially as the first earlier post had generated no response. Sometimes people also get confused when they see the same post twice. We have tried previously to discourage a long list of exactly the same requests.

I am sorry that my response was misunderstood.

Thanks for the vote of confidence SP61HJ.