Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help With Understanding Question

The effectiveness of your own practice in making the pre-school setting a supportive environment

That is the question.

So looking at areas of health/safety, emotional needs, inclusion, physical needs, safeguarding and not really sure how to go about putting it.

Got that I am aware of policies/procdures etc but not got much experince as not come across safegurading issues much inclusion etc.

Think I dont really know what they are after..."effectiveness"...how do i measure myself for this?

This is the last question and its for the external assignment so there is no guidance! o looking for some from you! What do you think eh???

The effectiveness of your own practice in making the pre-school setting a supportive environment

Hello again Marley,

For this question I wrote about my knowledge and implementation of policies and procedures as you have mentioned. I related this to consideration of why we do these to keep the pre-school a safe, healthy and inclusive environment (e.g. legal regulations and guidelines and previous research) and how it is important to keep up to date with current laws and thinking. I also mentioned training opportunities. I referred to the key person role, the OAP cycle, the importance of clear communication, working as a team member and relationships with parents.

I think it is just as important in these sorts of questions to also say how you can improve your practice, so if you feel that you are inexperienced in certain situations or find certain things challenging, then mention it and reflect how you can improve on this.

Hope this helps a bit and congrats in getting to the very last bit!

I think talking about being a key person is very important in this but bear in mind it has changed since I did this. For effectiveness do you have any examples of times when your support has ensured a good outcome? I'm thinking if you have built a good relationship with a child or parent where you have then been able to use that to broach a subject with the family perhaps over a child's development. Just my interpretation but hope it helps.

Aahhhh! Thanks girls! You have both really helped me with how you interpret the questions! I think they are so ambiguous sometimes!

I must admit i dont like to come on and ask very often as I think it maybe seen as cheating??!!! Thats why I try to put down a few of my own ideas too! I had thought about the role of keyperson being important and i do have a good example so thanks Holly for that! Jenimouse was defiantely going to put my lack of experience down, that I want to do further training and that trying to get into other settings to experience more. Have you finished it all now? Ar you actually qualified???!!!

I have done it all apart from this one. So far got a C for unit 1, B for unit 2 an A :wacko: xD:o for my option unit on committees :rolleyes: :ph34r: so just need to pass this one now. Its got to be in for 1 sept so got plenty of time but with potential move to school for pre-school, 6 week hols etc etc i really want to get it sorted. This will hopefully mean that the reulst will be known Dec and I will be qualified!!! And before you ask...no...not doing any more after that for a while! I need to get my personal,family life back and also a new job xD:( :( :(:ph34r:

Thanks again for your upport :unsure: ;)

Edited by marley

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)