Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've Always Seen This Forum As An Advice Line

Right then.

Our business adviser agreed whole heartedly with me, she advised the committee on what they should do. The committee still haven't made the decision. Adviser told the committee their duties and that they have to listen to me but they aren't taking any notice. This saga will now go on until next week, more agony. If I do leave I have been advised to co through the complaint and grievences route and I can report their poor managment to Ofsted. The playgroup has signed a constitution which they are not abiding by.

They don't understand the severity of my concerns, our adivser was appalled at the lack of respect they have for me.

AAAAAAAAaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

ppp

It sounds like having the advisor there really helped you.

Maybe when they have had time to think about it, discuss it with their partners, etc, common sense will prevail. You have the backing of those who understand early years so surely they can't ignore that forever?

Well done for hanging on in there!

Good luck with whatever tomorrow brings!

This all sounds so familiar to me!!

In fact staff have now refused to go to committee meetings alone! :o . Its always me and the supervisor (not sure why deputy doesnt go or other assistant??!!!)

Hope things are ok with you PPP. Have you now deputy who can support you?

As Alison, perhaps given time to reflect they will see sense. If not can you find another early years advisor to wheel in front of them until they do see reason?

Do they know that you are considering following your setting's greivance procedure and informing Ofsted? In other words that you will not let the matter drop because you feel so strongly in the right. Look forward to hearing what that is, when this is all over, which I hope for your sake that it will be very soon.

Take care, have a glass of wine. I hope you don't feel quite so isolated with the support of the advisor.

heeheeee it's my deputy that's the problem!!! I don't have support from my staff as they don't want to be mean.

No, they don't know I will follow grievence procedure if I decide to leave - that's blackmail isn't it? But I could say I've been advised to do so.....

It's all out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

ppp

PPP, you MUST feel better for having lots of support and how lovely to have an adviser with you to say to the committee "she's right and you're not". Your posts "sound" brighter!?

Let's hope they go away, reflect on their practice(!) and reconsider their attitude.

Hopefully one of them will have the sense to seek advice from an outside source, such as the EY adviser, to find out how they should be working and what they can do to put things right.

I know that if I was in their position I'd be panicking now - even before grievance procedures are mentioned!

Keep smiling and let us know what happens next.....

Nona X