Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Small World People

I really need to replace our small world people (and our cars, and our farm... but I'll start with the people!) I wondered if you have any favourite companies / types of small world people to recommend, so I spend my money as wisely as possible! I am replacing playmobil (very few of them have hair left - who knows where it disappears to!) and some wooden dolls house dolls who are just a little tired out. Any particular gems you can recommend?

Thanks!

Hi

I now tend to buy from ebay as if you keep looking you can usually get a bargin. In our nursery we tend to use dulpo figures and playmobil. Anne

Early Learning Centre do some lovely wooden people. Different ethnic groups represented.

(I too have lots of playmobil people with no hair- where does it go??)

I bought a variety of wooden house people last yr from GLS, they had multicultural characters. I also bought a variety of wooden house furniture... really modern up to date stuff!!

We have a lot of the little people things, some of which comes from Early Learning centre...

Let me know if you manage to find a playmobil pack that contains just people, we need new 1s too! :o

I think I need to look after my playmobil collection a bit more carefully! I recommend playmobil 123 as its more robust. Normal playmobil by its very nature comes to pieces and is more suitable for older children (like myself) Unfortunately when I've searched they no longer do just 123 people sets like they used to :o I have 3 sets of families including an ethnic one, a pair of grandparents and a set of pets which are well used and have stood the test of time.

This is the website you need!! Playmobils own instead of a retailer. Here you can purchase addition items which are good for creating small worlds. I have a set of the trees and they are in constant use.

Just people pack

You will also find sets of ethnic families, animals, fences etc but its worth rooting around the site. You have to register I'm afraid.

Just found some 123 figures on e-bay like mine so they are still out there

Robust123 figures

When I got there, bidding had finished! xD:(

Thanks for the 123 advice, though - I've seen them in my terrible small wlorld people box and wondered why they looked in better nick! (ie still had hair!) Will look on playmobil site...

(PS I think there might be some spelling mistaked in this! :o )

• 3 weeks later...

We have recently chosen to purchase some large vinyl figures, about 10cm high, that seem to be available from most educational suppliers (TTS, D & G etc.). They come in a range of group types, from families of different ethnicities, to children from around the world, the disabled and people who help us. The company name on the packaging is Lakeshore, but they are not advertised as that. The packs are quite expensive but having now received them, they are wonderfully detailed and seem very robust. The only thing is they are formed in a certain position and so can't bend, sit down etc. We are looking forward to using them as discussion tools as well as small world.

we have lots of different types of figures as the children love all types from ELC fairies and wooden people , bendy people I bought 20yrs ago still going strong too for the life of me I cant think where from. lots of themed ones from various suppliers . we have also got them from charity shops £2.50 for a brand new ELC family a great bargain check out the car boots too. Parents will donate them too if you pop it on a news letter.

It amazes me when children have free choice of the small world area which figures they put to play-buildings, a princess being rescued by spud from Bob the Builder with the help of a lolly stick while travelling in a tractor down an airport runway. we certainly have imaginative children at our group.

sue

One thing we do, as well as having shop-bought small world people, is to make small versions of the children. We take full-length photos of them, print them out about ten cm high, cut them out and laminate them. We then stick them onto corks. They love them! We also have ones for all the adults in the setting. I noticed I was the captain of a pirate ship last week!

One thing we do, as well as having shop-bought small world people, is to make small versions of the children. We take full-length photos of them, print them out about ten cm high, cut them out and laminate them. We then stick them onto corks. They love them! We also have ones for all the adults in the setting. I noticed I was the captain of a pirate ship last week!

What a great idea......I am going to steal that! :o

Sunnyday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)