Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Notice Boards (for A Take Down Setting)

Hi,

We're a pre-school in the village hall and our staff have to take down ALL displays - posters, children's work, notices, etc. - when there is an event in the hall. This time of year that can mean every weekend and even sometimes during the week.

I'm planning to push my committee to invest in some noticeboards and then get some hooks put on the walls, so that we can hook these on and off. (I hope I'm making sense so far.) The hall committee have agreed to this and there is a wooden rail where we can fix the hooks.

I've priced this up for cork boards and we're looking at about £450-£500 (based on the Staples price). We need 16 x 60/40cm, 5 x 90/60cm and 6 x 120/90 noticeboards.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a good, quality company who might do these more cheaply (I've googled but there are thousands!)

2. Can anyone think of a cheaper and equally effective way of creating displays that we can easily put up and take down?

I'm happy to invest in this to save staff time and celebrate the children's work but would like to make sure I make the most of the investment.

Thanks.

Common issue SuzieC8. Cork boards = drawing pins? I use 'washing line' and pegs to display work. The 'thing' (can't think of the word!!!) that net curtains hang up on are good, as can screw into wall (if you're allowed to do it) discretly then just hook it on and off.

ppp

Hi,

We're a pre-school in the village hall and our staff have to take down ALL displays - posters, children's work, notices, etc. - when there is an event in the hall. This time of year that can mean every weekend and even sometimes during the week.

I'm planning to push my committee to invest in some noticeboards and then get some hooks put on the walls, so that we can hook these on and off. (I hope I'm making sense so far.) The hall committee have agreed to this and there is a wooden rail where we can fix the hooks.

I've priced this up for cork boards and we're looking at about £450-£500 (based on the Staples price). We need 16 x 60/40cm, 5 x 90/60cm and 6 x 120/90 noticeboards.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a good, quality company who might do these more cheaply (I've googled but there are thousands!)

2. Can anyone think of a cheaper and equally effective way of creating displays that we can easily put up and take down?

I'm happy to invest in this to save staff time and celebrate the children's work but would like to make sure I make the most of the investment.

Thanks.

Hi I have the same problem in my church hall, we run brownies and guides

I am also a childminder and I bought my displays at Rymans( was stationary box) dont knoe hoe they compare in price to Staples but I do believe they are cheaper.

hope you are successful best of luck AJ

Hi I have the same problem in my church hall, we run brownies and guides

I am also a childminder and I bought my displays at Rymans( was stationary box) dont knoe hoe they compare in price to Staples but I do believe they are cheaper.

hope you are successful best of luck AJ

Hi we have boards from teacherboards - they are on wheels and roll in and out of cupboard and we use them as dividers.

They are felt covered and very robust. Had them 4 + years and still look good. Occasional wheel drops off. But easy to screw back in.

Common issue SuzieC8. Cork boards = drawing pins? I use 'washing line' and pegs to display work. The 'thing' (can't think of the word!!!) that net curtains hang up on are good, as can screw into wall (if you're allowed to do it) discretly then just hook it on and off.

ppp

we did something similar and used washing lines with a variety of pictures, childrens work etc fairly safe to have at the childrens height easy for the children to interact with, (the scope of displays and activities with washing lines is vast!!!) where as notice boards on hooks will need to be higher up and can be bulky to pack away

We've got a few notice boards, Wilkinsons and Makro both sell cork noticeboards reasonabley cheap our A2 size boards where about £4.99

Have you seen fabric banners? some of the catalogues have a variety of weather/my body but you dont need to go to that expense they're very simple to make if you have time, you could make blank banners using felt or similar material and use velcro tacs (from staples) rather than drawing pins and then when taking them down you can roll them up for storage I wish I had a picture of what I mean because I dont think I am explainingg myself very well?!?!?!

We have 'banner' type hangers very light ans easy to move - we have to pack everything away everyday.

We made them ourselves using the PVC tablecloth fabic stapled to a wooden batten then string hangers.

we then use blue-tack to put children's work up.They can get tatty quickly- but then that just ensures the work is changed a lot!! If we want things to last longer we laminate them first.

xx

Hi I have just purchased some really light boards from

3bears play things

FAB FAB FAB boards really light and well worth £60

google it and youll find it. They are well worth a look!

KAT

Edited by Guest

Hi I have just purchased some really light boards from

3bears play things

FAB FAB FAB boards really light and well worth £60

KAT

their tube dens/roleplay areas look good too but dont want to go off subject

Hi

We have the same issue as we share the hall with other users. We have room dividers on wheels as well. This works really well as the didplays are at the childrens height. One display board is by our mark making table and children put up their own pictures as on this one which works really well.

We have a table in the entrance hall with felt noticeboards with notices for parents which we take down at the end of each session and pack away.

Sally

Thanks to everyone who's replied, you've given me lots of food for thought.

Luckily if we do go for noticeboards they would be at children's height because the wooden strip they would hang from is at about head height for a child.

But I'm wondering now whether a combination of boards, banners and washing lines would be best, so many thanks for the inspirational ideas and I will have a chat to our leader about this.

Have looked at 3 bears site now, lovely stuff on there. But sadly room dividers not possible as storage space is one small cupboard and a shed.

If the boards will be at child height, to get around the issue of the drawing pins we use either a staple gun into the board or cover the board in felt which sticky backed velcro will then catch on to, ie you put the velcro onto the back of the items for display.

Here's the search results for 'display' on their site.

The £60 board is quite small at 1m x 68cm, BNVPS. How do you use it in your setting?

The plus side though is that I guess they're easy to store, being lightweight!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)