Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition

i have had a great day off today, i visited 2 schools to meet the teachers and take a few photos so i can make up books for the children going to them in september. we have a local school that 23 of our children are going to that we have formed a good relationship with over the years and do lots together through the year, especially this time of year! but i wanted to extend this relationship to other schools that we feed to, well the schools today were really lovely and very welcoming, one of the schools had even taken photos of the classroom etc before i had got there and handed me a pack, the only thing she hadn't taken one of was the toilet(after talking to children that have been through transition found that this was a scary feeling of not knowing where they were or what they looked like!!!) and was fine with me taking more if i wanted too. i was able to invite the teachers to come and see us in action while i was there so feel really pleased. i did feel like a prospective parent a bit and that whole feeling you get when looking around schools for your own children it's amazing the impact these children have on you!! :o

it's amazing the impact these children have on you!! :o

It certainly is - some of them really 'get under your skin' and you think that you'll never be able to say goodbye. But we do and then a couple of years down the line someone will say 'how many years ago was it that so-and-so was here? or 'what were the girls names that year?' and you find they've disappeared into the mush of memory.

Living in a small village at least we see a lot of them grow up, but nowadays only about 20% are from the village so we tend not to see them again, unless we bump into them in town

debatwrittle, that is such a lovely idea. Thanks for sharing it! Schools can be big enough and scary enough for new teachers let alone 4 year olds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)