Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Risk Assessment For New Building

I have asked a village hall if i can rent it for a week to run a new holiday club this summer. They seemed to dislike the idea of their lovely village hall having children in it (I may be being paranoid) but the reason they said no was they didn't think it was safe enough for children !? At the end of the day, Ofsted and I should be making that decision, not them. But I do feel this was just an excuse so i wouldn't fill it with children. So I phoned them and said, If i get an inspection and it is deemed safe may I use it. they couldn't really say no.. so I now need to get someone in.. maybe my development worker or my LA advisor? Can't get ofsted as not registered for this new playscheme yet as don't have the premises in place yet as not inspected yet .. AARGHH..

Knowing all the amazing expertise i can get on this site.. I intend to go in and risk assess it and discuss this with someone who could inspect it and record this for the committee.

I hope this all makes sense! The hall was an old school house, There is a tiny garden.. not walled in from the road and there are some glass door areas and some badly stacked storage areas.. but I have worked in worse conditions than these and I know well there are clever things can be done to overcome these things!

Any tips or things I can do to overcome hazards or good risk assessing tips would be sooo helpful. I have to show them!

Thank you all in advance! x

You might find a friendly Inspector from your local Ofsted team who can come out and advise you. When we changed buildings we asked if someone could come and 'suss' the local chapel out as a potential new place for us, and they sent someone quite quickly. It's worth a try

Thank you. I did phone ofsted already and they said they never inspect unless already registered. Guess I could try again.. good old ofsted, get a different answer everytime.. could actually work in my favour this time!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)