Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transitions From Early Years To School

pirates1

We have a transition report and also supply their data sheet overview from our trackers. The transition report is basically the same as end of FS report but says it is for transition during the foundation stage.

Welcome to the forum pirates1 - I hope you find it as useful as I do,

I think transition reports vary from Authority to Authority. For what I am hearing, some have a very prescriptive format and others much less rigid. In my area we just have a simple A4 sheet, folded in half, with relevant details on the front, 6 boxes for comments under the 6 areas of learning and then space for parents comments and signatures. Of course, for children with additional needs, we have transition planning meetings, pass over any IEPs, EAL tragets etc.

Gruffalo2 :o

Hi pirates1 and a very warm welcome to the forum.

Have you tried a 'forum search' - there have been many interesting discussions on this issue recently - you might find some good ideas there.

As Gruffalo2 said it seems that each LA has it's own ideas - have you had any advice from your EYAT?

Sunnyday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)