Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flexible Care

can i just ask how other sessional settings are doing their registers, as children come and go so many times throughout the day... how are you setting them out.... so that you have totals in session written down.... hope this makes sense... i have been messing about on excel for over an hour and can't seem to find a layout that works..

We are still only 2.5 hours sessional but do have some persistent latecomers/early leavers and now have a colour coded system in daybook. Red for arrivals/ departures at normal time. When child arrives late we add time in green above attendance mark and change total with initials added. When leave early we addd time in green below attendance mark and adjust total as before. We also have laminated sheet bluetacked to wall above desk with total staff / children/ adult visitors/child visitors and a complte totla underneath. This can be quickly changed with whiteboard marker and is very useful for Fire drills etc. Hope that helps.

korkycat

when you say 'so many times through the day' how many times? We have morning arrivals 9am , 11.30 and 12.30. 11.30 departures, 12.30 and 3pm departures - do you have more than that?

Edited by Cait

No we have the same as you cait except we have children finishing at 2pm as well as they have the option of doing a 5 hr session from 9am till 2pm....... i have been messing about in excel all weekend - trying to get it to fit on one page to make life easier.... i will succeed eventually!!!!!! it will fit!!!

No we have the same as you cait except we have children finishing at 2pm as well as they have the option of doing a 5 hr session from 9am till 2pm....... i have been messing about in excel all weekend - trying to get it to fit on one page to make life easier.... i will succeed eventually!!!!!! it will fit!!!

would it help if i sent you mine as a starting point(ish)

I've put some explanations in now for you - looking at some others I can see how easily confusing what I take for granted might be to other people!

blank_reg.xls

Edited by Cait

We're going to trial these start times :

840/855/910/940/1140/1210/1240/

And these finish times:

1140/1210/1240/1440/1510

There has been talk about a clocking in system. People are booking now what time they want their child to start/finish and that will will be set in stone.

The plan is for the parents to sign their children in and out and for the children to self register and for us to continually monitor numbers. :o

someone once told me that we should be recording actual times in and out of the setting. we do this by parents signing in and out. Our register is set out daily with only the children attending that day listed. I will attempt to download it here goes.register_new_page.doc

We were told this by OFSTED some time ago and have since changed our register from a tick in to writing in times in & out. We have an A4 hard backed book with the children written in for each session (10 double pages in all per term) and dated coloums across the top: the children are marked in by the time eg 9.15 & out again eg 11.45 or AA for absent.