Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Planning

Hiya... long time since i have had time to actually get on here!!

I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to share their outdoor planning with me? I am not happy with my format and would like some ideas of how to make it better.

Help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Tink! :D x

Hi, I got mine from someone on here, but it's on the laptop which is at Preschool. Have you done a quick search with outdoors as your title?

Hi, I got mine from someone on here, but it's on the laptop which is at Preschool. Have you done a quick search with outdoors as your title?

Yeh i have but it doesn't seem to be bringing anything up - altho i am sure i am searching wrong because whenever i search it seems there are hardly any resources on the whole site but i dont believe that for a second!

Hi,

I've tried searching the resources store but i don't seem to be coming up with anything that relates to outdoor planning formats... i'm a bit stumped....

Is there anyone who would be willing to share their format with me please? I really need to rethink mine but could do with some inspiration... Or could someone point me in the direction of any good ones on here that i cant seem to find (no idea if i am searching right or not!)

Thank so much guys,

i got this from on here and there must be more on the computer somewhere - I'll look when I get home later

Edited by Beau
To remove attachment

Hi Cait,

I've removed the attachment as you say it's not a document you produced but downloaded from the forum. Do you think you could find the original and link to that, pretty please? :o It would be better if the original author could be identified and credited with their hard work. xD

Thank you very much. I am just finding it so hard!! New to nursery and struggling with dynamics and logistics and to top it off we are having an authority inspection next week ARGH! Hehe...

Does anyone else have any formats i could take a peek at? At the moment i just have a table with my continuous provision areas down one side, then two columns, one for indoor and one for outdoor and each week i just write in what things i am adding to each area as an enhancement...

I'll attach it and then you can see what the hell im on about!!

Does it look ok? I just dont know if i like it but cant see the wood for the trees so to speak!

Provision_Area_Enhancements_week_3_Minibeasts___Hum_and_Buzz.doc

It all makes sense Tinkalink. You have followed up on last week's observations, but you might need to comment on what children may learn from the activities?

Perhaps this shows on your planning somewhere else?

Gruffalo2 :o

It all makes sense Tinkalink. You have followed up on last week's observations, but you might need to comment on what children may learn from the activities?

Perhaps this shows on your planning somewhere else?

Gruffalo2 :o

If i added a column with a heading "Intended Learning Outcomes" that would work wouldn't it? I have my weekly plan which highlights adult led activities & then adult initiated activities for the children to access independently, also a few things that we anticipate to happen e.g. things we hope the children might do. So i guess if i put that column onto my provision enhancement sheets it would make more sense...

What do you think?

ps thanks for you reply!

If i added a column with a heading "Intended Learning Outcomes" that would work wouldn't it? I have my weekly plan which highlights adult led activities & then adult initiated activities for the children to access independently, also a few things that we anticipate to happen e.g. things we hope the children might do. So i guess if i put that column onto my provision enhancement sheets it would make more sense...

What do you think?

ps thanks for you reply!

I got my format off of the EYFS CD. Which gives coverage of all six areas of learning. Resources are named in each area in a different colour. For adult initiated activities (blue), child initatiated activities (red) and activities that would follow what the children are interested in(green). All blue activities have a learning objective attached. There is also blank boxes with the days of the week where we can add in more child initated activities as they happen throughout the week. EY advisor has told us to write the childs initals who instigated the activity too. This way you plans then inform the next weeks planning following their own activities and interests etc.

Like this week a child on Tuesday asked for dolls and picnic food out of the shed. (so we wrote it on the plans under tuesday) the children were still playing the game today so it will show as a red activity for Creative Development in next weeks plans. Today the children got water and started to wash items around the playground. So following their interests we are doing doll's washing next week under KUW this is also linked to an adult focused activity this week of looking at bubbles. the doll's washing will be a green activity as it is following their interests but not directly what they were doing.

This sounds rather complicated but it does work well and cuts down on planning time for the next week. We do something similar for indoors but we have all the different areas like you.

I think i will have to have a look at that cos its sounds much better than what i am doing at the moment! Cos i struggle with the "child's interest" bits and have been trying to think of a way to incorporate it into my planning...

Thank you very much for the tip!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)