Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Free Tickets For Communication Friendly Spaces

Helen

Just to let you know that I will be unable to go next Wednesday :oxD:(:(

I have notified Antonia (and had a nice reply) so hopefully someone who didn't get a ticket may be lucky after all.

I hope you all have a brilliant time and look forward to hearing about it.

I'm going too :)

Please be nice to a new member lol!

I'll be driving down to Derby and getting on the pick up coach there. Anyone going from Derby?

I'm going from Birmingham.

As Maz just said in another thread we need to make a plan for meeting on Wednesday. I don't have an FSF badge but I think some of those going might have.

Perhaps we should wear red carnations - that would make us stand out in the crowd!!

Anyone know how many people will be there? It might not be too difficult to find each other if we have our proper names.

I could email Antonia and ask her to arrange something appropriate for us. Not sure what she'll think of the extra work at this stage.

What do the rest of you think?

What do the rest of you think?

Well. I've just been through this thread and as far as I can see, here's the list of those of us going...

Helen

louby lou

dasher

AlisonP

melthammum

Me

my friend who doesn't post but reads, so I won't give her username!

I have emailed Antonia to ask if there would be a good time/place to meet up during the day, so let's see what she suggests. Without knowing how the day is going to be structured it is hard to know what to organise, and without knowing how many people there will be it is hard to know whether we'd find each other at all!

Perhaps one option would be to ask the trainer on the coach to make an announcement for FSF members to identify themselves - then we could take it from there! :o

I'll let you know if Antonia suggests anything suitable!

Maz

Well organised Maz.

I think there are several of you on the Milton Keynes coach aren't there? Perhaps you'll get together on there.

I have a feeling I'm the only one on the Birmingham on and melthammum is on her own on the Derby one.

Lets hope Antonia comes up with a good idea.

It seems very silly but I know I'll feel much happier if I can be with others from the forum even though we've never met! Maybe I'll get all grown up and brave one day.

It seems very silly but I know I'll feel much happier if I can be with others from the forum even though we've never met! Maybe I'll get all grown up and brave one day.

I hope for that too one day!

That's great, Maz.

If you're feeling big and brave, you can be in charge and look after the rest of us. If we can find you that is!

It has just crossed my mind that there may be others who have tickets but don't post so perhaps there are more than seven of us.

I'm going to check train times to New Street now.

If you're feeling big and brave, you can be in charge and look after the rest of us. If we can find you that is!

Well I'm always big but seldom brave, but Im sure we can work something out - we'll see what Antonia says first and take it from there.

Perhaps we could have a codeword or phrase. All day long we could sidle up to people who look like they might be forum members and say in our best spy voice "my Messenger inbox is full so your last PM did not arrive" and wait for the reply "well I'll see you in chat in ten minutes then".

And then when the person calls for security we can apologise profusely and beat a hasty retreat!

Do you think I'm getting carried away with the excitement or did I manage to hold it all together?

Maz

What A wonderful picture that conjured up!

I think we have to say

"Listen very carefully. I shall say zis only once......"

or perhaps we could ask "av you ze picture of ze fallen Madonna wiz ze big...." No! Sorry! Now I'm getting carried away!

It's the thought of a whole day out with just grown-ups.

And then I'm doing it again next week for the EYP conference. I can barely contain myself!!!

Edited by AlisonP

I've just had an email from Antonia to say that there is no set lunch time - there will be blankets and picnic baskets ready for us to break for lunch whenever it is ready. So that doesn't help much does it?

Am going to have to re-think!

Maz

Right. Here's what I think we should do. I've made a list of those who are going from the various pick up points:-

Milton Keynes

Helen

Dasher

Me (and friend)

Birmingham

AlisonP

Derby

melthammum

louby lou - not sure whether you posted where you're going from: but if I've just missed it, I'm sorry!

What I suggest we do is firstly, if you're not on the list above but would like to meet up/spend the day with fellow Forum members, reply to this post and add your name to the list under the relevant pick up point. This will give us one master list of who is going and from which pick up point.

If you want to meet up, PM me your mobile number and once we know the format of day (we'll learn that on the coach, I think) I can send you all a little text with an idea of where to meet, and when.

Does that sound like a plan?

Obviously if you're going but would rather do your own thing that's fine - but the offer is there if you want a chum or five for the day!

Maz

I know it's only Monday but I have a really really busy day tomorrow and won't be home until late soo I just wanted to say I hope you all have an amazing day on Wednesday. I am absolutely gutted that I can't be there and look forward to hearing all about it ( and I mean ALL every single bit xD )

Safe journey to you all and ENJOY :o

Thanks Geraldiine, really sorry you can't make it- was looking foward to meeting you.

Happymaz,

I'm driving - so your plan sounds good to me (not looking foward to picnicking on my own!!) so will PM my number to you.

Note to self - remember to take phone as well as ticket!!

xxxx

Hi

I'm supposed to be going tomorrow and was sooooooo looking forward to it. BUT I learnt on Friday that the nursery where I work is going to be closed down, so I have been contacting parents etc for support and the conference just went out of my mind, I really can't go now as I need to support staff who are devistated.

Maybe someone else can contact Antonia and take up the place ? I was booked onto the Milton Keynes Coach

I hope you all have a lovely time.

Best wishes

Sorry to hear your news, and that you won't be coming tomorrow. How awful for all of you.

I am about to decide what sort of outer wear to take.......any ideas, anyone? :oxD

I am about to decide what sort of outer wear to take.......any ideas, anyone? :oxD

Now you've worried me....... I wasn't really planning on an particular outer wear!

I just figured if it rains we get wet- they said they'd provide unmbrellas. Mind you I am driving so once I get back to my car I could change if soaked.

xx

Sorry to hear your news, and that you won't be coming tomorrow. How awful for all of you.

What a pity, dasher - but as you say it would be hard to justify a jolly day out with all that going on. Have you emailed antonia to let her know?

Mind you, at such an awful time I guess that's not really top of your list of priorities just now. I hope it all has a happy ending.

Helen: I'm a bit stuck because I don't think I have any suitable wet weather gear! So that'll be me sporting the latest 'drowned rat' look then!

Although I'm sure in an email Antonia said there would be lots of CFS umbrellas in the event of inclement weather...

Maz

Dasher - so sorry to hear your news and disappointed not to be meeting you.

Keep us informed, won't you?

Do you think trainers would be ok?

I could wear boots with heels or sandals but if we have to be on grass in the rain I don't want heels or open toes!

I also don't want to come really casual and find everyone else has dressed up!

Edited by AlisonP

I could wear boots with heels or sandals but if we have to be on grass in the rain I don't want heels or open toes!

Well I'm forsaking my crocs tomorrow (they're a real liability in the rain and I would hate it if your first impression of me was of a pair of purple feet waving in the air!).

So I'm wearing a pair of black leather mules (is that what they're called: closed toes but no backs? fashion is a mystery to me!). My feeling is that the important thing is to be comfortable - I think there will be a lot of walking to be done!

Maz

Is really unhappy that I have not been able to take up my free ticket and meet you all :o

What a pity Mooncat - were you able to pass your ticket onto someone else or have it reallocated?

Another time maybe - are you going to the EYP conference next week by any chance?

Maz

Well I'm forsaking my crocs tomorrow (they're a real liability in the rain and I would hate it if your first impression of me was of a pair of purple feet waving in the air!).

What a picture!

Right, I think it's jeans and trainers for me tomorrow then. I'll just try to make the top half look reasonably smart (underneath the waterproof jacket that is)!