Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Study...observation..theorists?

Hi everyone

Need help with linking a theorist to cognitive development?

the child i'm observing has Cerebral Palsy aged 8 in mainstream school.

confined to a wheelchair whilst in school, has a poor attention span especially in a large group i.e classroom, but when given time will answer questions with 95% accuracy. gets frustrated easily.. (Dont we all..)

Has anyone got any ideas which theorist i could try?

It's almost like he's bored with the repetivness of the lessons..? but hey thats just me making assumptions jumpimg to conclusions.

Is there a certain theorist that deals with disabilities?

Am i thinking to deep? Is it time for bed.?

Any imput would be sooo helful

Cx :o

Piaget was the most well known of the cognitive theorists and you can read some of his stuff here. Scroll down the article to the bit you want.

Not being sure exactly what you are looking for it's hard to find an answer that will help

id a quick google search try this link HERE

Our local Special Needs service is named after Mary Sheridan and you may also find Maria Montessori a useful read.

This link gives more information about cerebal Palsy and learning HERE

It's almost like he's bored with the repetivness of the lessons..? but hey thats just me making assumptions jumpimg to conclusions.

Although your 'instinct' is from assumptions, focus yur observations to see if your assumptions are true or not. Experience with children gives us these 'instinctive thoughts' so don't ignore them, you may be right and from reflection could try alternative styles of learning for this child which will further engage and motivate him to his full potential. :o

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)