Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recommendations For A Nvq 3 Textbook

Lucy P

I am just about to start the A1 assessors award and have two staff who will be starting the level 3 who i will be using to observe.

As we have all received bursaries from the LEA we will all be seen as private learners so will need to fund any resources ourselves.

I would like to treat them to a good textbook to help them with the qualification and wondered if any of you had any suggestions?

I have read that the Penny Tassoni one is good

Also, the Miranda Walker one is supposed to be good too.

I can afford to buy both, but are about £20 each and don't want to waste my money if they are not that good!

She may well correct me, but I think MrsWeasley used the Penny Tassoni one exhaustively until fairly recently. :o

I'd be interested to hear your experiences of the A1 assessors award Lucy - where are you doing it?

Maz

Hi Maz, thanks for the info!

I'm starting the A1 award with a local training company that i am doing the level 4 with.

From the info i have had it appears that i will work alongside the assessor for my staff then once completed (approx 3 - 4 mths) i will then become their assessor.

I was quite pleased with this but then wondered about the £2000 they would be getting in bursarys when i would be doing most of the work!!!

Im starting mid june, so will let you know when i know more.

• 1 month later...
Hi Maz, thanks for the info!

I'm starting the A1 award with a local training company that i am doing the level 4 with.

From the info i have had it appears that i will work alongside the assessor for my staff then once completed (approx 3 - 4 mths) i will then become their assessor.

Im starting mid june, so will let you know when i know more.

I would also be interested in hearing more about your experiences with the award myself, as I have applied to do the course at my local college in February (they may not accept me though!!)

I hope it all goes well for you! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)