Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Crb Check Parents On Rota

Do you?

We don't but ensure that no child is left alone with them. Have heard of a few settings that do, assume that is just 'good practice'. If we did do that I can see parents not taking part in rota duty.

Your thoughts on the matter please :o

ppp

We don't take up checks just for the odd occasion they might help.

If we have parents regularly coming in to help they are likely to be on the committee as well so they are automatically CRB checked because of that. To be honest we hardly have any parents coming in to help these days........

We make sure that any new (unchecked) parent knows they will not be left alone with a child or allowed to help with toileting etc.

Jo x

We are the same. Any parent who comes in regularly is CRB checked to be on the committee but even then we don't leave them alone with the children at any time. That makes it easier if we ever have a non-checked parent in at the same time for us. But we certainly wouldn't look to CRB check every parent on registration on the off chance they might help out once or twice. That said I did once joke that CRB checks should probably be done as a child was born to save their parents the time and effort in later life!

Same as above- if we had to do every parent in on rota, well to be honest I think I would stop the parent rota totally. It can take so long just to get our committee done evry year, the thought of doing all parents/carers fills me with horror!!

I did ask Ofsted once how we stood and she said that as long as our committee took responsibility to work this way and as long as no one was left unsupervised with a child then it was up to committee, very non comital as usual! Mind you, YOU could ring them tomorrow and get a completly different answer to mine!!

As long as they are not left alone with the children I wouldn't worry. Otherwise you would then have to start worrying about parents settling new children in etc. We have to be just realistic about these risks as any others.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)