Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Letters And Sounds Phase 1 Assessent Record

Have put this in the Nursery section and had no replies (sob!) Was wondering if anyone had a good system for recording progress in Phase 1 of L&S - am about to embark on creating one but thought a marvellous person out there would probably have already devised something - thanks!!!

Hi - sorry you did not get replies..........................

I think that you can not really have an assessment sheet for phase 1- activities are carried out and you record your evaluation - this is how I am doing it or else it may well appear as a tick list which we all know is not part of EYFS -Dot

I am in nursery. I don't 'assess' phase one as such but we just regularly do the activities and link the outcomes according to the EYFS

e.g. is aware of rhyme and alliteration,

continues a rhyming string,

joins in with rhyming activities,

can differentiate between sounds etc

Sorry I have just said these from the top of my head

Don't know if this helps.

Sue

Could you maybe use the 'progress check' on page 197 of the letters and sounds document? You may be able to take some of the statements from there to assess the children's progress against?

Tinky

Thanks for replies - yes don't want to get into ticky box hell but need an efficient way of knowing where everyone is at and who needs more of this and that - work part time and have 39 in class and don't work with all doing L&S every week blah blah blah. Don't really want to do a list of the activities - maybe some overall concepts - may have to devise something myself and attach for you to all see and improve!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)