Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ma In Early Childhood Education

Guest cathy m

Thanks for the information ruby49, I wish I had started it when I finished the BA Hons with OU 2 years ago. The MA requires 3 further 60 point courses, they were just under £900 each but now £1200

That's a shame madmum, I just got in in the last round of funding for people with QTS to gain credits towards a masters. It might be worth checking in case Ive got it wrong but I think the funding stopped this year. I know mu union also provided accredited courses for a lot less than you would pay normally..again worth checking with your own union if you hold QTS.

Other than that, you might be able to gain some credits through APEL, which is often a good way to look at your own practice and start building your credits. Often you can get your first 30 or even 60 this way...check with individual centres on this one.

Otherwise you need to either consider why you want a masters so much, and if you can save over time for it..most places do offer funding arrangements.

I suppose I jts love studying and finding out more about what i do!! :rolleyes:

Waiting for EYPS results at the moment and am also quite interested in the Nutbrown suggestions about EYPs doing QTS, which didn't appeal before!

Thanks for your advice on where to look!

I'm a closet study geek too! I have just finished my degree as a v.v.mature ( although I prefer the term 'vintage' ) student and if I stop now I will never go back.

Perhaps I can petition Cathy Nutbrown to include the QTS top up in the MA Course whilst I am at Sheffield??

I will have to fund using a gov. loan which although you start paying back as soon as you finish, has a lower fixed interest rate.

The study weekends don't start 'til 6pm on a Fri so I could make it to Sheffield from London if I leave after the morning school, and will use my meagre salary to save up for the repayments. Ah happy days! more debt!

I undertook my MA in Early Childhood Education with Sheffield, it is part time (I think i attended 5 study weekends over 2 years).

It is a great course, I was working full time and completed in 2009.

Cathy Nutbrown was teaching on the course alongside other great tutors - Professor Jackie Marsh, Dr Jools Page etc.

Good luck with your search and studies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)