Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bit Of Fun, Need Your Creative Brains!

Hello all,

Not child related (hope that's ok?) but I know you all have creative brains and may like to input your suggestions.

My hairdresser is opening up a salon and can't think of a name. She doesn't want anything 'hair related' like tangles, snippets, cutting corners. It's a unisex salon which she wants to appeal to the old and young e.g - revive, vibe.

So if you use a salon with a great name or have always thought '____ would be a great name for a salon!' then I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks!

ppp

-----------------how about "simply beautiful" - I always go in to the hairdressers dreaming of coming out having beautiful locks - sadly not in reality - but we can all dream !!!! - went to pre-school with mad hair couple of weeks ago - you know nothing can be done - a lovely little girl said "like your hair" - she really meant it as well - or you could go the book I love at pre-school "need a trim Jim" - ha ha Dot :o

Edited by Guest

We have a local hairdressers called "Heads of State" but as a long term hairdresser-phobe I always worry that if I went in there my hair would look even more of a state than before I went in! :o

Maz

what is her name? before having kids i was in hairdressing full time and thought if i ever had a salon of my own i'd call it Deb'n'hair!! :o

'Goldilocks' (well it is an early years forum) or

'C-IF-I care' if she wants to appeal too young ones

Edited by Guest

My very first job was in a hairdressers called "Barnet Fair" (not sure if this is cockney rhyming slang for hair- Barnet, I think means 'head' or 'head of hair'). I have very happy memories of my time there, it was in the mid 70's, my boss and his wife were in their early 20's (I was 16 fresh out of school).

It was unisex, we had a juke box, pin ball machine ( boss was mad on "The WHO" and won the machine from a competition in the Sun, used to be own by John Entwistle). I used to wear blue/white dungerees with white polo shirt (our uniform). Thought we looked fab but looking back now, I looked more like Andy Pandy than trendy xD

It was "the place to be" on Saturdays, and young teenagers would travel from other towns to come to us. Previous owner used to do mainly old people, my boss wasn't so keen on doing 'sets' and 'silver rinses', so after he bought the shop and anyone over the age of about 50 yrs came in he would play the Monty Python Album on the stereo at full blast so they wouldn't come back :o

We all used to smoke xD:( , staff & customers :(:( , We were the first place in town to give men streaks / perms :rolleyes: and the pay was good too. :wacko:

Happy memories.

Peggy

Haha, how funny, I was a hairdresser in the seventies too. I left school in 76 and went straight into hairdressing because my friend did. We were all finger waves and pin curls and shampoos and sets though - boss frowned on blowdrying! Needless to say we had the old ladies for weekly sets and children coming for their fringes trimmed!

Edited by Possum

Needless to say we had the old ladies for weekly sets and children coming for their fringes trimmed!

I really must start wearing my reading glasses more often - I had visions of little children coming along in their school uniforms to have their fingers trimmed! :o

Maz

I really must start wearing my reading glasses more often - I had visions of little children coming along in their school uniforms to have their fingers trimmed! :o

Maz

Ha ha. Well we didn't do that often. My boss said he wanted to put a notice up one summer after a particularly busy time with fringes saying 'We restore eyesight in children'