Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Naughty Bus

I just wondered if anybody has used this book with their class and have any nice suggestions of activities?? I would really appreciate any ideas. Many thanks in advance!

I have some relunctant boy writers who are really into cars so thought I would adapt it to 'The Naughty Car'. We are currently changing the writing table into a car so thought I might use this book and just wondered if anyone had activities that worked well that I could adapt.

I had a lovely mental picture of "The Naughty Bus" driving round the country collecting children from Naughty Steps and Naughty Chairs, etc all over the land. Don't know where it would be taking them though. Sorry... I'm losing it!

I got a car crazy child to write a descrition of his favourite racing driver - I gave him a photo from the internet and asked him to make it into a poster. It was far more successful than I expected and his teacher was pleasantly surprised when he took it in to show her.

Alison,

Your reply has made me laugh out loud! :o

I haven't come across this book before but it suggests a bus journey to me. I would sometimes set chairs out in pairs and we would pretend to go on a train or bus. I would collect tickets from the children one at a time and they would tell me where we were going. When we arrived we would 'act out' wherever we were. Sometimes the destinations would be predictable but occasionally there would be some real unexpected ones which sparked off everyone's imaginations. :(

We also took a (real!) bus on a visit to the library. Most of the children had never been on a bus before (and neither had I for years!!) and it caused great excitement. We got the train back again which was even better! Mind you, the planning that went before it was unparalleled since the D Day landings. xD

• 1 month later...
I just wondered if anybody has used this book with their class and have any nice suggestions of activities?? I would really appreciate any ideas. Many thanks in advance!

I have used the Naughty Bus, if you look on Devon (?) Dorset(?) LEA website has some planning ideas.

This book is FAB. I use it with my 3/4 yea olds as enrichment and extension work; looking at print, motivation for their own stories, small world play, what happens next. I love it and, in fact will dig it out for some of my children next week.

Enjoy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)