Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sleeping Charts

Hello all,

Do you use sleeping charts at nursery to monitor children whilst they are sleeping.?l had a vist from our Advisory Teacher and l was told that we need one, just to cover ourselves. l would be grateful if a sample can be posted please :o Thanks.

Toro

Mine is at work so if I remember tomorrow I will add it. Basically ith as childrens names down the left hand side then a column to write when they go to sleep then one to say when they woke up and another to write total time asleep, then we have from 12 - 3pm in little consecutive boxes for the staff on duty to sign to say they have checked the children, these are timed at 5 minute intervals. That probably doesnt make sense, maybe soemone else has one they can post now!! I know the staff could cheat and just sign in every obx but they don't they are honest enough to say when a restless child stopped them from doing it or some other reason. I also do spot checks to ensure there is someone in the sleep room reading one of the many articles I leave around, checking the children and signing in the box!

Mines just the childrens names, time they went to sleep, time they woke up and time asleep!

Seems to work for us!!!

I've seen various ones. One has a box at the top for the childs name, (all of them have an individual one), date.

Time they went to sleep, time they woke up and a box for comments every 10 minutes to say if they were on tummy, back, breathing ok, coughing etc. Those with known medical conditions that caused sleep problems would be checked every 5 mins.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)