Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hindu Festival - Janmashtami - Krishnas Birthday

FionaTi

Hi there,

have found this site really useful before for ideas on topic we are completing with our Year R's.

We are completing an RE topic on Krishnas birthday - the Hindu festval of Janmashtami and running out of ideas fast xD - have done a search on here for a bit of extra support but doesnt look like anything been put up.

If any of you have any lovely Ideas you have done with your lot they would be gratefully appreciated!

Many thanks

Nikki and sam :o x

I did this last year with year 1. We watched the BBC dvd previously mentioned, wrote party invitations, read the story, dressed up in special party clothes and then had a party in the afternoon with traditional party games. You could also relate it to their birthdays in circle time or make some celebration food.

Thanks for moving post - i cant get the hang of this site at the mo - find a bit confusing.

We are doing the things mentioned - and have managed to get a parent who celebrates Janmashtami in to talk t o kids, wear Sari etc..

Setting role play up as temple wear can dress up and reinact celebration.

Just dont to seem to be able to find much on internet - Will have a word with RE coordinator see if any chance of getting DVD - thanks Guys

Also --- more of a technical question - I had to search Janmashtami in order to get up your responses - is there anyway that can view posts that i have added?? Didnt say i had any messages or anything!!?

Ta x

If you look at the top right of your original message there is a button that says 'Options' with a little arrow beside it. Click on this and a menu will appear. The top option is 'Track this topic' - if you click on this then whenever someone adds a reply you will get notification. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)