Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play Area

Hiya,

does anyone know any useful things to include in my ice cream role-play? Or any good links...?

Thanks

Edited by Guest

I'm not sure what happened there stacey2712 but I moved your post into Drama and Role-play and lo and behold it all changed. :o Anyway I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions and if you look around this forum area there will be many other ideas as well.

There is some resources on sparklebox for an ice cream parlor. Just simple signs etc.

The other day I was in my local pound shop- they had some coloured squeezy bottles for sauces- mustard, tomato sauce etc. I got some to have ice cream toppings in them. Not quite sure if I'll actually put liquid in there but think we'll set it up outside so they can get really messy! I suppose all the normal scoops, pots, boxes etc. I was going to have real cones too. not sure what substance to use for actual ice cream. Any ideas?

Hi, been looking about and a good idea if you don't mind them getting messy is getting loads of really cheap mash potato and adding food colouring to it to make it look like strawberry etc. Doubt the teacher will let me do this though as I'm a trainee on placement and doesn't like mess unfortunatly so I'll have to find some fake ice cream some how.

I have playdough for 'ice cream' in my role play area. I have made different 'flavours' using food colouring and flavouring:

Strawberry

Lemon

Chocolate (using cocoa poweder)

Mint

Vanilla.

The children have ice cream scoops, menus, toppings (empty sprinkle tubs), plastic sundae bowls and as already mentioned - the sparklebox ice cream parlour bits and pieces (ingredient lists etc.)

Hope this helps

Tinky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)