Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Computer Software

We recently bought a new laptop for the children to use. Bad news.. because it is Vista, It appears to be incompatible with our old DK CD Roms we had for our old one. We used to have them all on it as shortcuts so the children could choose. We have been advised to buy new ones but there are so many out there. Does anyone have any recommendations for Vista compatible CD Rom activities for 2 to 5 year olds?

We used Pink Cow for our software,

you can have it for free trial period to try it out and then return it, usually 4-6 weeks but we did have them longer sometimes, just a call to them and they extended the period. They are able to give advice on software an suggestions for trials too..

they were very good and stopped for a while when we asked, no hassle

Inge

we bought some software from pink cow and they have good customer support we needed some very basic programs for our younger children and they sent us a selection to try sale or return and we found them very flexible on the return period.

We bought the whole series of Leaps and Bounds CD-ROMS from Pink Cow a few years ago.

The Leaps and Bounds were a hit with the children back then (and me too) and was in a Nursery recently where it was being used by 3-4s and was still popular!

Also would like to echo Alison and Inges comments re: Pink Cow - they were fantastic in terms of support and customer service and were very understanding when I was a bit late in sending the trial ones back!

My sister recently bought a phonics CDROM - think it was by yellow something - one of the songs is 'a, a, a, is an acrobat' very easy to use and keeps my neice engaged for ages!

Edited by Guest

not sure on cd rom except we love simplecity

but i hate my windows vista i have xp at home and really is hard to work round or perhaps im just old...........dont reply to that bit :o

Not sure if its compatible with Vista (but websites do say compatible with Windows) but my children absolutely love Mouse in the House and Mouse Music!

ppp

• 3 weeks later...

beep, beep beep, pretty things and noisy things are absolutely fantastic. Bought them at the education show and cannot remember the actual company I'm afraid but a quick google has brought up a lot of companies selling them.

fizzy's numbers is great, so simple, different activities upto number 10, children especially love the 'washing machine' count the dirty toys in, wash, count them out again.......but some have shrunk, changed colours...the children think its hilarious !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)