Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

On The Up

Hi all

Help required....

I have an interview, great news !!!! so looking forward to it-!!!! (not)

and I have to do a presentation, motivating childminders to develop their practice.

to all childminders what motivate you....

Hi all

Help required....

I have an interview, great news !!!! so looking forward to it-!!!! (not)

and I have to do a presentation, motivating childminders to develop their practice.

to all childminders what motivate you....

keeping outstanding ofsted grade!

I think that the time I feel most motivated is when I am around other practitioners either on training courses or other things like support meetings.

I find talking my practice through with other professionals helps me to get my head round improvements I could make to my practice much more effectively than thinking it through on my own.

I also think that having to use the EYFS has been a big de-motivator for some childminders as many feel that it requires masses of paperwork which they need to complete in their own time. Perhaps if they could be shown how to use the EYFS in a more childminder-friendly format they might feel more keen to have a go. Making a task feel more achievable is a great motivator.

Being a member a childminding network helps with motivation - not least knowing that you could have an unannounced visit at any time. It also helps that, in a network, childminders are view as valuable, experienced professionals - a view not always held elsewhere in early years (of course that is not the case on this site).

Apart from the paperwork side, I think the children are our biggest and most powerful motivators. Seeing a child enthusiastic and motivated to learn is the best reward there can be.

I hope that gets the ball rolling for you!

I agree with AlisonP - being seen as a professional child carer and educator, I do hate having to 'fight my corner' but knowing that I'm raising awareness amongst other sectors of how much childminders do is a good motivator.

And of course the children too, I have a child who comes to me full time (just turned 3) and at the start of Spring I planned lots of spring walks, read stories, chose songs and activities etc to develop the children's undersatnding of the season. When driving him home he looked up at a tree and said "look at those branches, the leaves are ready to break through and burst out" What a huge motivator that was, I really felt a lovely warm glow - oh my goodness, I really am supporting these children in their learning

My main motivator is to be the best provider I possibly can be. When I first became a childminder, I joined a Childminding Network and did an NVQ3 in Childcare, Learning and Development. At the same time I did NCMA Quality First. I regularly do training courses that are offered. I am constantly reflecting on my practice.

I am an Accredited Childminder so was already doing observations, assessments and planning. I actually enjoy the paperwork.

I want the children in my care to enjoy a variety of experiences and thrive. I love to see their happy faces when they see me on their arrival and to hear their laughter during the day.

As somebody has already said I also wish to remain an outstanding provider.

Guest jane707

I live every day as if an Ofsted inspector might come knocking! That motivates me pretty well LOL

Also knowing that I make a difference to the children. Some come to my house not knowing how to play or having a dummy stuck in their mouth all day or never having eaten a piece of fruit... just plodding on with them and making small changes to their lives keeps me going. :o

Thanks for all your great responses and oh so inspiring,

I am in the middle of developing a powerpoint for the presentation, ive used lots of your statements as quotes on a page. its looking good.

thanks again

abimat43

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)