Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Questions

Guest enimod

Our old HT always used to start with -

We would like you to tell us about yourself.

What special qualities would you bring to this post.

An interesting one I heard recently was

Tell us about your favourite children's book and why you like it.

There should be a couple about Literacy and numeracy strategy- but can't help you with those

What multi cultural resources would you expect to find in your class room.

What does the term "Equal Opportunities" mean to you.

Give an example of how you would differentiate in an activity so the whole class can contribute.

Hi enimod, I am an NQT and as far as I can remember (I have tried to block the interview experience from my mind!) these are briefly some of the questions that I was asked:

Can you tell me about a lesson you taught which you feel went particularly well?

Can you give an example of when you have worked with other staff as part of a team?

What would you do if a parent came to you with concerns?

How have you incorporated ICT into a lesson?

What would you do if you had a child in your class with behaviour difficulties?

What would procedures would you follow if you had a child in your class who didn't speak? - This one threw me as I hadn't expected it, but there was a girl who may have been in my class who has fragile x and sometimes didn't communicate with staff. I guess it depends upon the school and the class on what questions they ask you. Maybe it may help to look at their most recent ofsted report and see what their strenghts and weaknesses are? Hope this has helped and most of all good luck and try not to worry!!! :D

thank you all so very much. i am embarrassed because tomorrow i am supply teaching at the same school and people -support staff etc thought that i would get it. i am going to feel a wally and probably darent go in the staff room!!

doubt there will be anymore jobs- not many come up around here. Have done loads of research adn brought quite a few books on reception and year1 so if anyone is after any- you know where i am.

You can't be that bad or they wouldn't have you in for supply- make sure you get some feed back. We had an excellent member of staff you went for an interview and didn't get the job she was very disappointed and then a better one came along. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Hold your head high, You've got plenty to be proud of! And yes, mimi is right, ask for feedback!

Sue :D

And it isn't 1.02 am. It's 00.02 I've had nothing but trouble with this pesky clock since we put the clocks back!!! :o

:D:D

cheers up i'm sure there's a job waiting for you somewhere soon. Opportunties will come again soon and maybe that will be the one with your name on.

Take care

wENT into the school today for supply, spoke to one of the teachers who interviewed me and she said i did a good interview all the right answers, that my planning and portfolio was good but that the girl who got the job was exceptional so they had to give it to her. I feel fine now especially after another teacher said hes in protest because the school know i am a good teacher and all they know about the other girl is she gives an outstanding interview.

dont feel so sad now- plus today i was teaching some of the children that would have been in that class and they were a handful and a pain.

Thankyou for all the support

It is so useful to get feedback on your interviews isn't it. :) Glad that you're feeling better about it and, as Susan says, you'll at least be more confident next time. Perhaps it's just my outlook on life but I always find that things have a way of working out for the best. This job wasn't meant to be because there's a better one just around the corner. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)