Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Sickness Exclusion Periods

HI

clearly we have exclusion periods for sick children, but not for staff

so we have to have them?, (we don't pay sick pay), if we do have to have them where can we get them from.

thanks in anticipation

Dawn

Same here. The exclusion period is the same as for a child which is difficult when a staff member insists they are fine and I know they won't get paid for the time they are off but it prevents any chance of infection being passed on and running rife.

I use exactly the same policy and procedures for children and staff.All staff are told what the requirements are at interview and during their induction.

This really is part of the safeguarding issues and although there maybe loss of pay, anyone found to be the cause of spreading infection is being irresposible.

Same here same for Adults and children, but my staff do get paid for the time they are off as their wages are paid over 52 weeks so it would be to complicated to keep changing it. They do alot of work in their own time so I don't feel to bad about it.

• 1 month later...
At out setting the staff exclusion periods are the same as for children

us too

We also donot accept children who are on antibiotics until course is finished, What is your policy for staff regarding this

We have accepted children with antibiotics - it depends what it's for. This was for an infected toenail so hardly a risk to other children. I would expect staff to stay off for the same length of time as children. You can't have one rule for one and another for someone else.

Children have to have at least the first 24 hours of anti biotics at home to give it chance to "kick in" and for the child to start feeling better and also in case they have a reaction to them.

us too

We also donot accept children who are on antibiotics until course is finished, What is your policy for staff regarding this

We accept children in if they are taking anti biotics after 48 hours as it takes this long for them to get into the system and begin to work. I dont think it is necessary for them to stay off for the whole course

deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)