Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Senco Qualifications?

Hi

Well feeling lazy and not done a search yet but wondered if anyone knew the answer to the following?

My "friend" on the committee has said it was queried by another comm member about the fact that we thought our supervisor and an ex- colleague (who left at Easter) coud be classed as Sencos. This comm member is from a school background and was under the impression that to be classed as senco that attending only local authority courses was not enough (think supervisor had to attend 4 out of 5 DIFFERENT senco courses). This comm member thought that supervisor needed to attend a course that was run by private firm and that LEA courses just made her SENCo aware.

Can anyone clarify for me?

Thanks.

This might be something that differs from LAs but in my area a named Senco has to have LA training which lasts 4-6 full days and I think that they have to have a level 3 also.

I'm SENCO and have attended the training and have level 3. Also attend courses based on inclusion and equality. My ability to do the job has never been questioned.

Thanks for that. Supervisor has attended all these courses. Think as thi particuar comm member works at a school (yes there are changes for SENCOs there) she tries to apply it at our pre-school. This member got me running around phoning OFSTED etc as she said that all parent helps had to be CRB checked.

Will pass this info onto my friend.

I am just about to do the six SENCO courses that my LA run. When I have done them I will be the SENCO of the setting.

samfrostie :o

Edited by samfrostie

My county stopped SENCO training last year. I took over as SENCO at my setting and was told there was no training just the odd support meeting and documents to read. Not very helpful!

ppp

My county stopped SENCO training last year. I took over as SENCO at my setting and was told there was no training just the odd support meeting and documents to read. Not very helpful!

ppp

Whoa - tht's not good at all.

This post has got me thinking - I am our group SENCO - I attended three days training - which was all that was required at the time - haven't updated since - think I need to get some advice on this.

Sunnyday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)