Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Beach Role Play Area

Any ideas of what we could include in our beach role play area? Sorry everyone, should have added this with my previous post!!!

Tinky

I had a beachside cage last year with an ice cream shop and it was very sucessful, I made menus and price lists and the children had clipboards and note pad to take orders. It was rich in mark making and language as well as socially and led to many other discussions it was great.

I like the idea of a cafe with an ice cream shop - what about a souvenir shop?

Could be a home - focus of packing for a seaside holiday with some trick things in there that they obviously won't need.

Another idea is that of a submarine if you were going to do something about the underwater creatures. Or an ordinary boat - they could do fishing?

we had our tuff tray in our role play area with sand and buckets and spades (and a shell type paddling pool with water in only when i was feeling very daring and had sweet talked the cleaners!!) They had a selection of sunglasses, suntan lotion bottles and laminated postcards to write on with drywipe pens. We had two wooden deck chairs and beach towels and beach bags and those roll up beach mats. I gave them the digital camera and we made a holiday photograph album with the very interesting pictures taken. Alongside this we hade the usual beach shop with ice creams and buckets and spades etc. This was my favourite role play area last year. Ems

I had a beachside cage last year with an ice cream shop and it was very sucessful, I made menus and price lists and the children had clipboards and note pad to take orders. It was rich in mark making and language as well as socially and led to many other discussions it was great.

Hope you mean a cafe!

we had a large paddling pool (the one with the soft sides not the blow up type) and filled this with sand and toys- the children loved this as they could sit in and use the sand so felt like they were on the beach - kept it to 4 - 5 children at a time - we found that a lot of children who rarely accessed the sand when in a tray really loved this.they took their socks and shoes off too so really felt like the beach

could also go into the pirate play with treasure maps etc

Edited by blondie

just a question sorry if i am being bit thick but it is the last day of the holidays - how did you make the ice-creams fopr your shop? would like to add this to our beach themed area we are doing later in the term

Edited by blondie

I'm hoping to have a caravan by the sea for our role play in the summer xD . Have done the icecream role before and bought some great stickers on e-bay for the outside of the van. We even got the local ice-cream van to come in the carpark one day and the children all brought a purse with 50p and lined up to buy an icecream :o (it look so cute). This is our boat sailing to a treasure island role play.There was treasure in the chest and buckets and spades. In the boat was a brush and cloth to make a sail.

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)