Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Little Gems!

i sometimes wonder about my nearly sixteen year olds intelligence!! i have just ordered a new suite and told her it was 12 weeks delivery because they have to breed the cows to get the right colour and it hadnt been born yet!! she really believed me!!! then a few days ago we where driving past a centre for the blind which had a warning sign saying " blind people crossing" she asked how can read the sign if they are blind! and she once asked when someone mentioned water polo how they get the horses in the pool!!! scary to think she leaves school soon!!!

My ABSOLUTE favourite from my then 13 year old daughter -

She got up at 3am during the Olympics last year to watch Tom Daly in the synchronised diving and made us watch every showing of his dives for days afterwards, each time commenting "he's the same age as me!"

Some weeks later he appeared at the Royal Variety Show to introduce one of the acts. She asked me "who's that?"

"Tom Daly" I replied

"OH, I DIDN'T RECOGNISE HIM WITH HIS CLOTHES ON!" :(:(:(

Still makes me laugh!! xD and she'll NEVER be allowed to forget it :o

Nona

Edited by Guest

my 15 year old went as a guest to the house of commons he said to me before he left ''do you think i'll get to meet gordon ramsay?''

i replied ''i dont know, is he going?''

he said ''he should be, he's prime minister'

i wet myself! :oxD:(

although wouldn't be a bad idea x

As the mom of an 18 yr old and a 16 yr old I sympathise with you all. I must have a permenent look of puzzlement on my face when they speak to me. Or a slow nod of the head as I see the info I've just given them slowly sinks in.

The most recent I think I put on here, both sons rooms were a sty and I eventually had to clean them. When they came home I told them I'd cleaned and they were to keep them clean on pain of death. Oldest son asked 'til when?'

As an 18 year old, I sympathise too. I have to say I'm a bit of a numpty sometimes. xD

Only sometimes? :o - mummyspud where are you?

Edited by HappyMaz

Recently by 12 year old

"go on mum we should really get a dog because then we wouldn't argue so much" (about her 15 year old sister) " because there would only be one of us in the house at a time as the other one would always be out walking it"

Yeah right!!!! xD

(we got the dog so I'll let you know if it works or the walks happen :o )