Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ratio

Guest poppysue

Guest poppysue

hi all,

i know i sould know this and have asked ofsted but spoke to other c/minder and now not sure!

i have ratio for 4 childern and it say's only 2 can be under 5, do i count my little one in this number?as have been offerd a job and already have my lo 14m and a baby 10m so is that it for my under 5.

:o

so any help please!!

many thanks lisa x

Guest NIKI74L
hi all,

i know i sould know this and have asked ofsted but spoke to other c/minder and now not sure!

i have ratio for 4 childern and it say's only 2 can be under 5, do i count my little one in this number?as have been offerd a job and already have my lo 14m and a baby 10m so is that it for my under 5.

:o

so any help please!!

many thanks lisa x

hi :)

that is the same ratio as mine i called ofsted about it when i started and asked other childminders and was told that it does not include yours so you can have 2 more under 5 as well as your own .

I think if i didnt have two of my own we would then be registered for 6????

hope that helps?:)

nikki

Hi,

I am a registered childminder as well.

When Ofsted set your numbers they take you own out of your possible registered numbers.

So if you have no children of your own you can usually have six under eights which includes three under five. The three under five can include one under one (unless Ofsted have reduced your numbers due to restricted space).

Ofsted will reduce your registered numbers to take account of your own children. So if you have a baby under one of your own you will only be able to have two more under five and they both have to be over one year.

As your baby is 14 months you should still be able to take on a baby under one and another under five. As long as you have informed Ofsted that he or she has passed her first birthday.

Your certificate states how many childminded children you can have in your setting at one time.

Hope that helps.

Guest poppysue

hi lady's,

thank you so much this is what i was told but then spoke to other people and got all confussed!!

but this is great i can now hopfully have this other little one!!

many thanks!!

lisa x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)