Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Incident?accident Recording

Hi all,

For many, many years we have been recording our incidents and accidents in simple triplicate copy small books which staff and parents sign. However these books constantly fall apart and I file them in date order in another folder. I now find out that all accidents recorded should remain in the book.

What sort of books do other settings use, I know that the psla have one but you have an entire page which can only be used for one child at a time and I don't know how many pages each book contains.

Please can somebody help?

Thanks

Our accident forms are filed in an A4 ring binder with each child having their own section to promote confidentiality. I specifically asked Mrs O at our last inspection and she said it was fine - but that was in 2007!

Maz

We made up a form and then got some duplicate books made up of this. I think it was about £9 for a book of 100 sets of form (A4) size. I can't remember the company but just found them through google - type in duplicate books. This is our form (as you will see it passes a striking resemblance tothe PLA one!!!!!) Zoe.

Accidentincident_form.doc

Edited by Guest

I made an A5 accident book (my long arm stapler is a god send!) with a page per entry it fits nicely into the first aid pack an Ofsted where happy with it last year when they came

when a book is filled I make a new one!

Thanks for that zoelat, I've been thinking of updating ours, and yours looks just what I'm thinking of.

Do you mind if I 'borrow' it for our setting?

Jackie.

we too use ring binder and A4 sheets i made up

we also keep them in alphabetical order and they are also numbered so a check on how many accidents a child is having is kept on record

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)