Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Term Tiredness

Hi,

As many of you know the first half of this term didn't go too well due to being off for 3 1/2 weeks with an infection in my leg and ending up on crutches. I finally get my scan results next week but know they have found something not quite right as had a call from the hospital. Then when I went back lots of pressure from my head teacher and impossible demands etc. Any way have kept going, keeping a diary of all incidents with Headteacher etc and worked very hard since returning to school mid February.

Then this week I have gone down with the throat bug/ high temp/ etc that is going around. Ended up at Dr yesterday who has prescribed antibiotics and rest today but planning to go back tomorrow as too worried about being away any longer (in case there is a repeat of last time when I was made to watch someone else teach in my own room, and it wasn't that different to me!!!!) The Dr is more worried about a bladder infection or possibly worse so have to have more tests in two weeks time.

My concern is that having been ill now I am obviously more susceptible to bugs in school at the moment and really don't want to risk being off ill again especialy after Easter, in the lead up to the FSP moderaion visit which is just before half term in May. Does anyone have any remedies/ vitamins or anything else (available from chemist or I see a homeopath regularly so could ask hime) that might build up my resistance and keep me going at school? I know that I should be looking at what it is at school that is making me so ill but as some of you know I already know the answer!!!! and it's mentioned higher up this post.

Any thoughts or advice welcomed and thanks for keeping me going at this stressful time.

Nicky Sussex xD:o

Poor you - what an awful time you've had.

I take echinacea from time to time to 'boost' immune system.

Really hope you feel much better soon - can you have a proper rest over easter Hols. or will you be busy preparing for next term?

Sunnyday

you are very important and need to look after yourself, are you able to 'shut off' at all when you get home? maybe that is my only advise, when not at school try to avoid even thinking of it!! to be able to keep going till friday, sorry not alot of help :o hope you feel better soon.

Hi Nicky,

Not sure if it will help pretect you from the bugs going around but I have found that in times of high stress at work (which there are many of at the moment) that Kalms help me to feel a bit better - they are a herbal tablet which you can get from boots etc might be worth a try?

ems x

i recommend rest....

bless you, sounds like you going through a difficult time. don't be made to feel bad - your health is paramount!

hope it all works out for you soon.

Just wanted to send some supportive hugs - I know from experience how it can get into a cycle that you get poorly because you're working too hard / having extra stress from SLT/HT etc then you have to be off school and then it is more stressful when you get back - and all the time you're off 'resting' you're stressing about how the situations that made you stressed and poorly in the first place will be getting worse while you're not there, making your life potentially more stressful on your return!

I really feel for you and I hope people's advice here works for you - definitely talking to your union would be helpful. Take care of yourself.