Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tidy Up Time

Hi

Want to use music to play at tidy up time - anyone got any fab music they use for tidy up time - I am very short on inspiration at the moment!

There has been threads on this if you do a search. We use 'tidy up time, tidy up' to the tune of heads and shoulders. I copied it onto a CD 3 times and it give us 6 minutes tidying up and we sing as we tidy

My children sometimes sing "Team work, team work, we'll do it together with team work" as they tidy up - Not sure where it came from or if it just evolved!

We've never had music - to be honest I think it would encourage some to just stop tidying and listen instead!

Guest Wolfie

We let the children choose....at the moment it's Alesha Dixon - The boy does nothing - almost every day! They bring in what they want on CDs and love tidying up to music! :o

We usually say "Let's see if we can get finished before Alesha stops singing" or "I wonder how many Aleshas it will take us to tidy up today"! They love it!

Edited by Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

Hmm, there is that - but it's not THAT complicated and covers you for all sorts of other things too, e.g. showing DVDs to parents, etc. When I did it for my own nursery, some time back, it wasn't that expensive either.

We use a few Disney songs, such as Whistle while you work and A spoonful of sugar... there are a couple more but I can't remember them atm!

I caught a group of my children singing their hearts out to Mamma Mia so that became our tidy up song! Since this I've had requests for Dancing Queen and Monney money money!! All from different children! I think they must like Abba!

Hi in my past 2 settings i have used HI ho for snow white and the seven dawafs and thunder birds are go both get a really good reaction and the kids learn quickly for their tidy up que.

Kat

I caught a group of my children singing their hearts out to Mamma Mia so that became our tidy up song! Since this I've had requests for Dancing Queen and Monney money money!! All from different children! I think they must like Abba!

snap same as my class think they have been watching the film. i have never seen them tidy so quick plus if they finish before music they can dance along though so dance as tidying. i would say ask the kids !

• 3 weeks later...

Yah, we use Mission Impossible too... and when we can't find the CD for any reason, we have the song:

"Tidy, Tidy... that's how we like out school to be... etc"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)