Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Food In Nurseries

Gracious me! Our CC food is nutritious, freshly cooked, and healthy. We have a clear policy as part of our Healthy School Status and also what is recommended by Surestart. We never have processed foods, cakes, crisps etc. not even for parties or birthdays, but food is presented in a colourful and attractive way and the children tuck in!

So I believe you Sue :o

I've seen the food in some nurseries that would make your hair curl and then fall out. :o The supply cook last week made a cheese and potatoe pie with chunks of raw potatoe in and skin and it was swimming in grease. The senior NN put it in the bin and ran down the shop for some jars of baby food for the 5 month old we'd got and the older ones ended up with just baked beans. Thats why I was looking for something about standards.

Everything in the pantry is packet mixes, processed quorn burgers, processed quorn sausage, frozen veg, angle delight, muller light, grey fish fingers. Its backed by surestart.

Not something i'd want my children to eat, and I'm not the best cook.

Edited by Rea

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)