Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pie Corbett

Hi - my class loved retelling the story of the little red hen using the actions and drama stuff as pie corbett does. Now really want to introduce the gingerbread man in the same way - does anyone know where I can find the script to do this story in the same way with the actions etc save me thinking about it myself?

Hi - my class loved retelling the story of the little red hen using the actions and drama stuff as pie corbett does. Now really want to introduce the gingerbread man in the same way - does anyone know where I can find the script to do this story in the same way with the actions etc save me thinking about it myself?

Have you tried looking on You Tube? I know Michael Rosen has a whole load of videos on there, so it might be worth looking to see if Pie Corbett has too!

Maz

Speaking of Michael Rosen, we've just finished learning his version of Little Rabbit Foo Foo off by heart in this way. It went down a storm. The children came up with their own actions for "scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head" and loved the fact they were being naughty!

This book, by Pie Corbett contain the Gingerbread Man as well as other stories. There appears to be a CD Rom with some stories on it.

http://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/23097

If you don't mind spending the money it looks quite good.

I have this book and it is a little disappointing. Basically once you have the idea of retelling a story the way he suggests, that's it, the book just labours the point. Also apart form the Little Red Hen and The Gingerbread Man, I wouldn't really use the other stories. I just take the principle and apply it to stories my children are interested in. Just done Duck in the Truck.

I wouldn't really use the other stories. I just take the principle and apply it to stories my children are interested in. Just done Duck in the Truck.

Thank you - would have gone and bought that! Yeah think thats what i will do - apply it to the stories myself!

Thank you all for your speedy replies! :o

This book, by Pie Corbett contain the Gingerbread Man as well as other stories. There appears to be a CD Rom with some stories on it.

http://shop.scholastic.co.uk/products/23097

If you don't mind spending the money it looks quite good.

The stories on the CD rom aren't for the children they are to demonstrate storytelling techniques to staff and the Gingerbread Man example isn't Pie Corbett it's Taffy Thomas...

A better book is The Bumper Book of Storytelling into Writing at KS1 (it covers Reception too) by Pie Corbett

Edited by Marion

A better book is The Bumper Book of Storytelling into Writing at KS1 (it covers Reception too) by Pie Corbett

I have quickly glanced at this this book wasnt sure how good it was so thanks Marion becuase now I will invest in the bumper book! Ems :o

• 3 months later...

I've just been lucky enough to see Pie Corbett deliver Talk for Writing across the Curriculum which was truly inspirational. A course that felt like sitting in a theatre watching a great performance!

I've just been lucky enough to see Pie Corbett deliver Talk for Writing across the Curriculum which was truly inspirational. A course that felt like sitting in a theatre watching a great performance!

Deeply envious!

How did you manage that then Susan?

Maz

• 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but I've been searching for information on Pie Corbett and I came across this. I might be able to book onto a conference with Pie Corbett and I was wondering how appropriate it was for use in a pre-school? One of the things I want to try to improve in the setting is the quality of storytelling and use of language across the whole setting. Is this something which would be helpful???

I saw him speak last year - Talk for writing' - Non-fiction for KS1 and KS2 - the missing element!, at the Literacy Trust conference and agree he was fantastic!

That's the one Marion! I'm trying to find ways to spend my GLF money for CPD again and seem to be going further afield all the time on training (finally off the Pen Green next month!). I just wanted to check it was not going to be inappropriate for the age range really, but I know so many people speak very highly of him.

That's the one Marion! I'm trying to find ways to spend my GLF money for CPD again and seem to be going further afield all the time on training (finally off the Pen Green next month!). I just wanted to check it was not going to be inappropriate for the age range really, but I know so many people speak very highly of him.

Personally I'd recommend Big Talk for Big Writing training for pre school /FS rather than Pie Corbett although I think everyone should experience a Pie conference

Thanks. I will look out for that then. I'm trying to spread my stuff out over the year as I feel this year (financial) I'm trying to cram everything in at the last minute!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)