Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Training Policy

Hi

Our early years partnership have just introduced a wonderful box that has lots of sheets for training plans in. My few sheets covering all courses for all staff is no longer satisfactory, now they want our training put down in at least 4 different ways. Anyway, I have never had a full Training Policy, neither Ofsted nor Accredication said that one was needed. However, the partnership have now asked us to produce one, so please, has anyone already got one that I could see, or even better use?

thanks

mobbster :)

I've never come across this either! If they want one, can't they give you an example of what they want?! :o It does seem crazy that someone, somewhere thinks such a thing is a good idea, but is not prepared to say in detail what it is they want.

Do you think a training policy is something like a few statements saying that you encourage staff to develop professionally by attending courses that build on their strengths and address some of their weaker points. Keeping an up-to-date list of all courses your staff go on, alongside a staff appraisal system, is that the kind of thing they're after?

Hi Mobbster

I have just had to complete a "Training and Development Plan" in order to access funding to start Stockport's QA scheme.

It states the name of the setting, how many qualifeid, unqualified staff, volunteers and others. Then the training needs for individual staff, the management team and establishment issues are asked for. They want to know how we plan to meet these needs, when they are to be achieved and any support we require, from development workers or advisors.

I will make a copy of this tomorrow and post it on here if you like?

Linda

Hi

thanks everyone for your ideas. I thinnk they probably do want the info as you have put Linda, so I will work out a policy which covers all these areas. Thanks as well for the plan, I'll try and incorporate that as well. As you say, I have all this information already in a Training File and in each staff file saying what they have done, quals got and what they need/to update. Oh well, it's just more paperwork for everyone.

In the meantime I'll carry on completing the 4 forms for each staff member that they also want.

mobbsters :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)