Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interviewing For The First Time.

This coming week I am interviewing for a T/A to join our 4+ after easter. My head is going to ask all the general questions but wants me to come up with EYFS specific questions and those realting to my classroom. The major 2 for me are;

1. Their thoughts and feelings about being a key person for a group of children and being responsible for their learning journeys.

2. Their confidence with leading a phonics group.

3. Attitude to outdoor play.

What would you ask? I don't want to miss something vital.

What would you ask? I don't want to miss something vital.

Would definitaly want to ask for opinions on behaviour mangement. What if you get a strict disciplinarian that you just cant see eye to eye with? :o

Children of their own -Attitudes towards parents!!

Can they empathise with concerned parents or do they insist on "cutting the cord!!!" from day one at the threshold. I found this very upsetting as a new teacher working with a very experienced TA!!

I would ask about their knowledge of safeguarding procedures, equal opportunities, working in partnership with parents, knowledge of EYFS maybe get them to suggest an activity they would do linked to an area of learning. Their knowledge of health and safety and special educational needs...

Discuss what expereince they have had, what they can bring to the position, what do they think their strenghs are and their weaknesses....

yes definitely their thoughts on EYFS and behaviour management!! Every child matters is crucial as this is what all agencies need to refer to and safeguarding children

good luck!!!

yes definitely think you need to ask thier thoughts on behaviour management and eyfs and safeguarding children they are all very important.

i know a lot of places also invite the person to do something more practical like read a story to see how they work with the children - good luck x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)