Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moderation

Hi Tinkerbell,

I have put together the photo files now so will see what she says. It gives an overview of the range of activities relating to each curriculum area and some relate directly to individual observations. The ones for my 3 chosen children will be post it noted for easy access next week.

Thanks for your encouragement and support, Just feel so busy and no time to breathe, sleep. eat etc.

My husband is involved because he came in to drop my daughters off to school as they are in the same school. He says he went to thank the Deputy head for her support and encouragement of me and also to say that he found it very difficult to accept the behaviour and comments made frequently to me by the Headteacher. Sadly I think he felt he was being supportive of me. Needless to say it has stirred up a hornetts nest for me. I came into room at end of conversation so luckily the DH and I have talked about it and she just feels he was way out of line, unsupportive of me and really not helping. I don't think she would ever mention it to the Head but it has made me think twice about mentioning conversations from school at home!!!! You know how sometimnes things are said and you just need to offload them to a supportive partner well now it feels like I can't do that.

Anyway must get on with sorting work etc

Thanks for encouragement and support

Nicky Sussex :o

oh my life you are having not a good week nicky! i am an nqt who did not have a clue whats going on and i just got moderated today. I was not prepared at all and did not do any extra work because i will take all the help i can get, i just gave her my assessment files, a copy of my eye profile recent data and a top midlly and bottom profile. Then she just chated with me for a while. Then we went to observe those three children but it was very informal i did not get much wrote down as i just talked to her about the children. Then we had a bit more of a chat and she wrote up her report. It was really nice actually and the thing she was pleased with is when you know what you need to develop. So i think if your head doesnt understand the eyfs just go with your gut and dont worry and you will be fine oh and chuck the words 'sustained shared thinking in' ha xx x x xx

Thank you.

Yes you are now graded by your moderator.

satisfactory, good or outstanding.

Well this moderator hasn't been told that so I'm not sure where it comes from. It may be a local decision? For it to be a national thing there would have to be agreed criteria for that. All LAs are rated (Red/Amber/Green) based on our planning forms and moderation of the moderators but there is no grading that the QCA have told the LAs about to give to schools.The sole purpose is to ensure practitioners make accurate judgements using their knowledge of the children exemplified through their collection of written or unwritten samples.

Cx

Edited by catma

Must be a Kent thing then....... but we certainly are graded.

Puts more stress on us so I for one would be happy not to be graded.

Only one and a half days left till my moderation on weds afternoon! I'm seeing post its when I close my eyes! Lol!

Well done to those of you who've already been seen and done so well.

Fingers crossed I'll be writing on here with good news on weds eve.

xx

Hello

I am being moderated after half term, I was starting to stress but after reading these posts it has helped put my mind at ease. We are a 3 form entry with a nursery yet I am the chosen one to be moderator as the head feels I will create the best impression for the school...talk about pressure!! However I do realise it is a sensible decision as I will be the only one in the F.S area next year!

We are being moderated in Writing and Calculating, I am going to look at 2 chn in each area as I do have 5 EAL in my class and 5 SEN so feel it should also be checked through! The calculating worries me slightly more as it is often harder to show and for chn to carry out in own time!

Argh, I am not stressing honest and know it will be fine! I have met the moderator before so that is one good thing!

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)