Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else Received An Invitation?

Hi,

Anyone else been invited to the conference on April 1st (!) at The National Motorcycle Museum, Solihull?

How can I resist 4 hours in the company of all those lovely Ofsted personnel - and the more lovely Outstanding providers obviously? :o

There are workshops on "how to stay Outstanding in the EYFS, and other topical issues" - I'll take notes and feedback to you all. Or perhaps take a list of the questions we'd REALLY like answered............? xD

Nona

Perhaps it's when you were inspected?

Mine was November 2007, I received my Outstanding Provider certificate in December 2008 and my invite today - they do seem to make you wait for it! They only publish the updated list once a year in Oct/Nov :o

Nona

:o That's literally five minutes away from where I am! And, naturally, no invite (might be because I'm not in an Early Years setting yet xD). Little bit disappointed that it is by invite only to be honest, it sounds rather interesting. Maybe next year! :(

Rosey x

yes after a long anticipated wait I ve received my invite but unfortunatley its over 4hrs on the train with 3 changes and about the same to drive (though I dont actually drive myself) to solihull from here

I cant really afford to stay over night as well as missing 1 or 2 days work and have got a new baby starting that exact day

Am hugely dissapointed as i will almost definitley not be going :oxD:(

:o Janice - I know what you mean. I'll be losing out financially to attend as it'll involve booking a day off. The parents are supportive though - they mostly work in schools and say it's too good an opportunity to miss!

Where are you? Could you travel up the night before? I can offer bed and breakfast and transport to the venue. I'm driving and it's about 40 minutes from home for me!

Nona

Isn't it daft. We were in the same predicament a few years back when were were all invited to a ceremony to receive an award for excellence. We had to close the Preschool for the day to drive the hour and three quarters to the ceremony. Seemed to go against the very idea of 'excellence', closing the Preschool!

Nona that such a kind offer thank you

I live in Hexham Northumberland -about 20 miles west of newcastle

I ve looked at timetables for travellling down the evening before and if I left newcastle at 6pm ish (which is a 40 minute train journey from Hexham and which would mean finishing work early Tues too) it would be 11.45pm when I got to solihull!!! dont really feel confident or too happy about travelling that late at night,

Also another big factor the train ticket is going to cost £85 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! return which is an awful lot if

I m also loosing a day and a half s work .

The parents I work with will be very supportive -I have nt spoken to those it would effect as the letter only arrived Friday and I could get the time off easily its just all the other stuff

Argh!!! :o why dont they think of these things when they book these places -it would be easier to get to London!!!!!!

is anyone from the North East braving the journey?

Hi nona

I ve pm d you a reply (i think -not done it before!!)

thank you for your very kind offer but I ve decided I m not going to Solihull.I ll look forward to hearing all about it from you on here

janice

Guest jane707

I'm going to the Solihull one my parents have been very supportive and it's only about an hour and a half away.

Janice, you can go to London I am sure. You should give them a ring - I spoke to David there the other day (complaining that a midweek meet wasn't exactly inclusive :o ) and he was very helpful xD

Thanks .They did nt offer an alternative when I rang and did nt really seem bothered about the reasons.

They did suggest if I had any comments about not being able to go to send them to

info@outstandingproviders.org as they may take it into consideration next year -Was a bit surprised when I said I would nt be invited as it would be for 08-09 awards then!!

but will send comments anyway.

Have looked on line at

www.outstandingproviders.org and seen the agenda

10:00 - Registration opens

11:00 - Welcome from Zenna Atkins - Chairman, Ofsted

11:15 - Interactive session led by Roger Shippam, Director, Children

12:45 - Lunch and photographs

15:00 - Departures

sounds thrilling and seems a long way to go for that!

will look forward to hearing about it from you all lucky enough to go