Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assembly Monday- Eek!

Hi everyone, I've just found out today that I have to do a whole school assembly on Monday! It's Friday now and I've never done one before so panicking a little! It's not a class one with my kids, just me doing it.

The theme for the week is on "Who can I trust?" I am introducing it. A teacher on Tues is doing stranger danger so I don't need to focus on that really. She said I could introduce the word "trust", what does trust mean? etc. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good story book about trust and any other ideas please?x

Big Bad Wolf is Good comes to mind at first, but maybe encouraging children to trust 'wolves' isn't quite what you have in mind - still it might make for some good discussions about who we generally can and cannot trust, so it might work

How about doing some trust games?

Blindfold someone and their friends lead them round the hall

Blindfold someone and get someone else to give them drink of water

Blindfold someone and get friends to talk them into a chair (go back two spaces, pot your hand back ... can you feel he chait etc etc)

get senior staff memebr to 'catch' another staff memebr when they lean back and fall backwards

Questions ... how do you know who to trust? What are the qualities of someone who is trustworthy?

Hope this helps

pw

You might need to be careful in the playground afterwards for a few days though, with that one as they try it out on each other.

Good point ... needs to come with a hefty 'do not try this at home / in the playground warning!'

off to squeeze into my hot pants now - anyone got a shoe horn? (see virtual party)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)