Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weekly Planning Sheet

hi guys,

our weekly planning sheet seriously needs changing!! - im just not sure how it could though or wat ideas I could put to my line manager.

does anyone have any examples that I could look at??

thanks

Kirsty

x

hi we use a sheet just 1 for our weekly provision sheet, i will try and upload for you _ not manged this before so here goes

just to add we are a pack away so wall space is limited so hence our sheet is just on 1 page but having said this i dont think anymore is needed!

We evaluate as we go along, other members of staff will need to write their stories onto the sheet on Mon ( i plan on fri)

weekly_provision_sheet.xls

o sorry about that dont know why as i am no computer expert it was set out on windows excel

dont know if that helps probably not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is interesting! We all seem to be doing the same but presenting it slightly differently! Here's mine for what its worth! As the name suggests we blow this up to A3 and stick it on the wall in the staff room. Initially we fill this in at our fortnightly staff meetings. Then, as we observe we update/adapt the plans based on what child is doing or interested in. This plan could last a week or run over 3 or 4 weeks depending on children's interests and levels of involvement.EYFS_NEW_PLANNING_DOC_FOR_WALL_TO_A3.doc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest colechin

I have attached a copy of my weekly planning which also includes an adult focused sheet. I am always tweaking my planning and if you have any suggestions for me to improve my planning by either reducing it or adding something that I have missed then please advise.

The first attachment is for my afternoon children who are under 3's or just 3, and the second is for my morning children who are all nearly 4 or 4 years of age.

March_16_20th_09.doc March_16_20th_09_revised_1.doc

Guest colechin

We do have a tree on the wall with a picture of each child. We ask the children questions like - what makes you happy?, what makes you sad?, what have you done over the weekend or half term? and so on. The children's replies are then written on a leaf or flower and then added to the tree near their picture.

Makes a lovely display and then the leaves and flowers eventually go in to the children's profile books. So yes you could call it a feelings tree but, we do ask all different types of questions.

We do have a tree on the wall with a picture of each child. We ask the children questions like - what makes you happy?, what makes you sad?, what have you done over the weekend or half term? and so on. The children's replies are then written on a leaf or flower and then added to the tree near their picture.

Makes a lovely display and then the leaves and flowers eventually go in to the children's profile books. So yes you could call it a feelings tree but, we do ask all different types of questions.

It's just that I think your planning says 'tress' not got my glasses on......

I have attached a copy of my weekly planning which also includes an adult focused sheet. I am always tweaking my planning and if you have any suggestions for me to improve my planning by either reducing it or adding something that I have missed then please advise.

The first attachment is for my afternoon children who are under 3's or just 3, and the second is for my morning children who are all nearly 4 or 4 years of age.

March_16_20th_09.doc March_16_20th_09_revised_1.doc

Hello Colechin,

Your planning is very good, can you tell me what Drain pipes means on your outside play sheet.

Toro

Guest colechin

Hi Toro,

We have fitted drainpipes/guttering to an outside wall so the children can run cars, water etc., throgh them. We have them at all different heights for the children and some are placed in a zig zag on the wall so children can watch the water or cars run from one to the other and collect them at the bottome.

Children love it, all the drain pipes and guttering were bits left over from peoples houses.

Hope this helps.

Going back to the planning, it does take me a long time to type up after the staff meetings. I do have problems with the Adult Focused sheet, and still feel that maybe I'm missing something off or not completly on track with it.

I would say that this is the area of my planning that I would like to concentrate on and change, so if anyone has any suggestions please come forward!

Hi Kirsty

Just seen your post of yesterday re planning sheets.

We used to use a sheet very similar to suer's example but found we were forever filling in boxes at the end of each day.

I discussed this with our EYA and she said it seemed of little value filling in boxes when the activities had already taken place

and of course it was not good practise to plan in advance as we were not accomodating for children's individual interests!

We therefore scrapped the 'short term plan' A4 sheet. In January 09 I introduced to a new system; a large piece of paper divided

into 6 areas of learning. Each week, keyworkers put their keychildren's activities in each area and any other 'group' learning or craft activities are included. I was advised there was no need to keep writing lists of 'continuous provision' as these resources

should be out everyday anyway!

This is working well in our setting and saves lots of time which is better spent with the children.

Hope this helps

dottyp :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)