Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Door Alarms

Following our Inspection recently the Inspector has asked that we fit an alarm to the doors into the main hall we use to alert us if children go out wthout us noticing. We are in a church hall and obviously are limited to what the church will allow but she has said some settings have small magnectic alarm fitted which you can turn on/off? Has anyone any idea where I can get one from?

We also have to put a bolt on a walk in cupboard where equipoment is stored which is the main hall.

smiles

before buying check where they will go on doors, sometimes the door and frame are not flush together and you have to be able to position the second part at a 90 degree angle.. not all will work if you do this..

Inge

We had one of these but found that the batteries ran out after a week! Finances mean that the come wont buy the 4 watch batteries it needs :o Got it from DIY store for about £6?

We had one which was connected into the mains somehow. There was a switch which we could put on whilst we were using the hall and then turn off again so that it didn't annoy other hall users. Unfortunately it was already there when I took over the playgroup though, so I can't tell you where it came from. :o

We got ours from the £1 shop ages ago and there were 6 or 10 of them in a pack! They are still going strong and the only problem we had was that the sticky pads that adhere them to the door/frame were a bit flimsy but that was soon rectified by buying good 'sticky tabs'.

To be honest I don't know how they work :o there is a tiny part on the door frame and the 'main bit' on the door has an on/off switch. This 'main bit' is actually very small, I guess 2 inches long by 1 inch wide. They work brilliantly and the alarm is amazingly loud!

We used the 'sonic' ones on a door which gave access from our main hall to a small hall. The option to turn on/off is good, used depending on whether we wanted to restrict access or not. We used it if the small hall was not being used because a child could go through the door unnoticed, then through to another room which had a fire exit door which could possibly be opened by a child.

I must admit it was funny when a child opened the door, and set off the alarm, the child would stand still like a statue. :o

Peggy

we also brought some from cheapie store- about three pounds for two - they work well and the alarm is really loud - you can also turn alarm on/off so good for open door policy.

but as said before if the doors arent flush then they wont work

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)