Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Space Topic

Hi everyone,

our children have decided that they would like their role play area to have a space theme next. So we are all set to have a rocket on the moon etc. I was wondering if anyone knew of any stories based around this theme, we have got 'Whatever next' which we read today and the children loved it! But I do not know of any other stories. Also we have got a class assembly soon, and was hoping to show all our space work, but to also do a little role play or acting out of a story. So if anyone knows of a suitable story that we could easily act out, I would be very grateful!

Thanks for any ideas x

Hi everyone,

our children have decided that they would like their role play area to have a space theme next. So we are all set to have a rocket on the moon etc. I was wondering if anyone knew of any stories based around this theme, we have got 'Whatever next' which we read today and the children loved it! But I do not know of any other stories. Also we have got a class assembly soon, and was hoping to show all our space work, but to also do a little role play or acting out of a story. So if anyone knows of a suitable story that we could easily act out, I would be very grateful!

Thanks for any ideas x

Try 'The Aliens are coming' We covered the class photograph in the story with a picture of our class.

Try 'The Aliens are coming' We covered the class photograph in the story with a picture of our class.

My children really enjoy 'Aliens love Underpants'!

There is a good Usborne book too - can't think of title - will look at work tomorrow.

sunnyday

We too are in the middle of a space theme, we have got a lot of inspiration from Q Pootle 5 (may be Mick Inkpen?), we have made our own rockets from all kinds of things - reclaimed materials, construction kits, large bricks, small bricks - with rocket boosters, received invitations to the moon party, which of course we had to write replies to, designed party hats and made space party food. (you will understand if you read book).

Then we go onto aliens - Here come the aliens, Colin McNaughton and their absolute favourite - Aliens love underpants!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)