Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bad Behaviour

WE have a child at our pre-school who is an absolute nightmare (and thats putting it mildly).

He refuses to do everything. He will not sit at circle time,snack time, line up for washing hads time, participate in tidy up time without throwing himself onto the floor.

We have all at some time been spat at,hit,puched and kicked by this child and he uses some very choice words (none that are on the national curriculum I must add). We have tried all sorts from reward charts,home school diaries (which mum couldn,t be bothered to fill in ) plus ignoring the behaviour but htis just makes him louder and behaviour worsens.

We have spoken to mum to explain that it would be in her best interest to work with us as he is due to start school in september at the school we are within the grounds of and they are quite strict on bad behaviour. So we have said to mum that we hope that we can work together in order that we deal with it and she won't be called into the school every week !!!!!!.

It is like bashing our heads against a brick wall . After speaking to her on an occasion when he had spat at me she asked him ewhat he had been told off for while i was standing there and he told her to F off (delightful child!) .

This child is so disruptive and spoils so many things for the other children who even tell him to shut up!!! I am open to any ideas ans I do not want to go down the road of telling mum that he can,t come in anymore as obviously this is not very equal opps and I see him as a challenge(to say the least) and would love for him the reception tescher to be praising him in september for good behaviour.

Any advice would be appreciated as mum is due with chucky No2 any day !!!!

Thanks for that Cait .

some good ideas that i am going to put in place asap. sometimes you get so wrapped up in it all you forget the obvious.

WE have a child at our pre-school who is an absolute nightmare (and thats putting it mildly).

He refuses to do everything. He will not sit at circle time,snack time, line up for washing hads time, participate in tidy up time without throwing himself onto the floor.

We have all at some time been spat at,hit,puched and kicked by this child and he uses some very choice words (none that are on the national curriculum I must add). We have tried all sorts from reward charts,home school diaries (which mum couldn,t be bothered to fill in ) plus ignoring the behaviour but htis just makes him louder and behaviour worsens.

We have spoken to mum to explain that it would be in her best interest to work with us as he is due to start school in september at the school we are within the grounds of and they are quite strict on bad behaviour. So we have said to mum that we hope that we can work together in order that we deal with it and she won't be called into the school every week !!!!!!.

It is like bashing our heads against a brick wall . After speaking to her on an occasion when he had spat at me she asked him ewhat he had been told off for while i was standing there and he told her to F off (delightful child!) .

This child is so disruptive and spoils so many things for the other children who even tell him to shut up!!! I am open to any ideas ans I do not want to go down the road of telling mum that he can,t come in anymore as obviously this is not very equal opps and I see him as a challenge(to say the least) and would love for him the reception tescher to be praising him in september for good behaviour.

Any advice would be appreciated as mum is due with chucky No2 any day !!!!

Do you work at my setting?? LOL

We have a child just the same, but no swearing yet!!

Do you work at my setting!!?? :o

We have a lad just the same as this, although we have no swearing (yet)!! xD

Us too- Shiny this is wierd, am getting concerned that maybe all my staff are secretly on the forum.

Do you work at my setting!!?? :o

We have a lad just the same as this, although we have no swearing (yet)!! xD

I ma in essex also actually!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)