Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creative Development

Hi all,

Hope you are all ok. Please can I ask a favour, I hope someone will be able to assist me. My Head has asked for seperate creative planning, I work in Reception. I used to put an objective and activity but now she wants me to plan it seperately. Does anyone have any planning formats that they can share with me? Your support is very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Love Flower x

Has she given you a realistic reason for this? Seems like she's giving you unnecessary work. Do you use all six areas equally or are you not planning for enough creativity or something? Puzzled

Hi Flower!

Can you explain what she means by "separately"? Do you mean that she wants all your planning fro Creative Development to be documented separately from everything else?

Hi,

We are a foundation stage unit so myself and the nursery teacher plan together, but she wants a seperate planning sheet for creativity because she thinks it is very literacy/numeracy heavy. Therfore she wants my children in the creative area because they rarely go in there due to phnonics, PRSN, Guided Read etc. Hope you can help.

Thanks

Flowerx

Flower that makes you laugh, if only we could get it right, 6 months time she will want more structure because their not all getting 6. It is time if only they were given time to explore in your creative area, its like I really enjoy doing displays but when is there time without haven't to think about the objectives for that. Does your continous provision plan for that area not cover you?? Say that you are planning with the children's interests and they all want to be artists, set your role play up as an art gallery, get the easals out, trip to an art gallery ,bombard her with creativity lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)