Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Supporting Children's Resilience According To Their Age, Needs &am

Hello everyone.

I'm just trying to do this question:

How can you support children's resilience according to the child's age, needs and abilities?

I've written about creating the right envrionment to foster positive feelings about themselves, the need to help a child be unafraid of failure when trying new activities. But I'm not sure if this is right?

I'd be very thankful if anyone could give me a push in the right direction? Thank you!

BlueBelle

I'd be very thankful if anyone could give me a push in the right direction? Thank you!

I can push you off a cliff if you like BlueBelle? xD Maybe I'll fall off after you and we won't have to finish our NVQs ever! :o

I've written pretty much the same as you - but likewise wasn't sure whether it was right.

Hopefully someone will be along to tell us that of course it was right because we're brilliant.

(Or of course it wasn't right.. are we stupid?! :( )

Mrs Weasley you are neither brilliant (always room for improvement) or stupid. :o

One thought came to my mind is the importance of positive, supportive relationships with adults and peers, thinking on the lines of Attachment theories and how early and later attachments affects childrens self esteem, self identity etc and therefore thier resiliance to all challenges they may experience. The ability to make choices, the opportunities for autonomy all help build character too.

Look at John Bowlby, Maslow, Donald Winnicott maybe.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)