Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reviewing Books

Hi,

We are receiving an increasing number of books and resources for review on this site, and wondered if any full subscribing members would like to be part of our reviewers group? If you'd like to receive a copy of the following titles, PM Helen, giving the address to send it to. You will of course, get to keep the book! Time limits are fairly loose, but we would expect to receive your review within a couple of months or so. If you want to get an idea of what a review should look like, take a look in the Resources section. Product reviews are lengthier, and so far have been books and products that have been highly thought of. The recommended section is, well, recommended reading! Good books that don't necessarily require a long review. Steve is going to add some more sections to the recommended books section, such as multicultural, non-fiction, etc. so that we can start to fill it out a little more.

Current titles are:

* Children's Play, by Scarlett, Naudeau, Salonius-Pasternak, & Ponte

* Play, Learning & the Early Childhood Curriculum, by Wood & Attfield

* Children's Mathematics, Making Marks Making Meaning, by Worthington & Carruthers

* Early Childhood Education, Society & Culture, Edited by Anning, Cullen, & Fleer

Look forward to hearing from you! :D

I would be interested to reviewing books bec

1. i will be unemployed from January xD and wil hopefully have a lot of time.

2. I'm doing my postcerted, so any reading around the subject will add to my own knowledge base.

3. I'm a sad person who can't give up the subject even after giving up work :o

So i volunteer to read and review

Hi Helen,

Would be very interested in reviewing books etc, but I don't know what 'PM'ing is. Sorry to be so dense, I wonder if someone might enlighten me? :o

Dianne

hi dianne

PM is personal message

If you look at the message it will have a button called PM whcih you should press. this will give you a format to send a personal message to helen . Fill in the message title and you message and post it directly to helen

Thanks for the responses; good news that I won't have to read all the stuff myself "in my spare time :o "!

Here's another title:

Movement and Learning in the Early Years , Supporting Dyspraxia and other difficulties, by Macintyre & McVitty

Helen

I'd love to review some of these. The maths one sounds interesting, especially as this is an area I'm not brilliantly confident with.....and I'm a speedy reader.

Love to all

Kate

x

Thanks so much for the fantastic response; my inbox has been full :o

We now have a team of around a dozen reviewers, and I'm about to go down to the Post Office and buy the jiffy bags!!

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine fine- nice to get post at work that isn't junk mail for some ICT programme someone is trying to sell me! My book is very much a theory book, one that would have been great for a number of essays I wrote at uni, and it's written by 2 of my old tutors from uni! Will take me a while to read it, I'll get onto it soon when I have a bit more time.

Thanks again though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)