Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keyworker Assessments

Keyworker assessment sheets, help needed PLEASE! Hi I'm fairly new to the forum have been reading lots and adding odd reply. This is the first time I have started a question so sorry if I haven't done it right.

I work in a pre-school (sessional) with children 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 year approx. and we are really getting confused as to what system we should be using to assess individual children i.e. keyworker sheets/folders. My manager has just introduced an EYFS Profile which now I look at it, I think it is more for Reception/Year One children. I am now completely confused. Help please!!!! Any advice would be greatly received.

Hi

Your setting sounds very similar to mine.

Have you attended training titled 'My unique story' - maybe not even on offer where you are.

We found this useful - advice included - prepare a 'summative assessment' for each child - this should just pick out two or three key points from each area of learning - to be 'done' at the end of each 'new term' - so roughly every six weeks. I was slightly concerned as we have all been told previously that E.Y.F.S. should not be used as a 'tick list' - but at the same time we need to show progress.

We add the 'summative assessment' to each childs 'Learning Journey' folder - this contains ongoing observations, photos with annotation, 'entry record' - completed by parents, individual plans - updated ready for the beginning of each term (old term!).

Really hope this is useful.

This paperwork is getting 'beyond a joke'!!!

Meant to be starting my SEF today - have you completed yours?

sunnyday

We use post it notes which each half term we attach to a sheet with boxes for each area of learning. This helps us complete a summative report for each child and set our learning intentions for each child for the next half term :o

Sorry Bluestar - I crossed posts with you. Your answer much more concise than mine! Looks like we follow the same sort of system though.

sunnyday

Keyworker assessment sheets, help needed PLEASE! Hi I'm fairly new to the forum have been reading lots and adding odd reply. This is the first time I have started a question so sorry if I haven't done it right.

I work in a pre-school (sessional) with children 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 year approx. and we are really getting confused as to what system we should be using to assess individual children i.e. keyworker sheets/folders. My manager has just introduced an EYFS Profile which now I look at it, I think it is more for Reception/Year One children. I am now completely confused. Help please!!!! Any advice would be greatly received.

Sorry - forgot to say - Hi and welcome!

sunnyday

Thanks for all your advice. I think we are collecting all the evidence we need - photos, post-its, observations, children's work etc. just need to draw it all together into a system that works for us.

Another question please, which I think may have been discussed before but can't find your excellent advice. How often do you do focus activity sheets?

We are a pre-school and run two sessions each day. The mornings for younger children and the afternoons for older children and we are doing 2 focussed activities each session i.e. 4 a day, 20 a week. I feel this is far too many and we are making too much work for ourselves. How many does anyone else do? Thanks

Thanks for all your advice. I think we are collecting all the evidence we need - photos, post-its, observations, children's work etc. just need to draw it all together into a system that works for us.

Another question please, which I think may have been discussed before but can't find your excellent advice. How often do you do focus activity sheets?

We are a pre-school and run two sessions each day. The mornings for younger children and the afternoons for older children and we are doing 2 focussed activities each session i.e. 4 a day, 20 a week. I feel this is far too many and we are making too much work for ourselves. How many does anyone else do? Thanks

hi. our main planning is on weekly continous provision sheets- just including enhancements that show a link to previous weeks child obs/interests, we do 3-5 focussed adult lead activities per week - have just been inspected and they were fine with this!! dont make more work for yourself than you have to already!!

One focus activity a session is fine, and this can be carried over for several sessions to allow all children to access. :o This leaves other staff free to observe children during free play and step in to extend as appropriate.

One focus activity a session is fine, and this can be carried over for several sessions to allow all children to access. :o This leaves other staff free to observe children during free play and step in to extend as appropriate.

Thats what I thought. Thanks everyone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)