Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Foundation Degree

Hi All

Can anyone help me out here please. I am hoping to enrol at my local university in September for the Early Years Foundation Degree. Before my application can be processes I have to take an English Equivalency Exam. HAS ANYONE TAKEN THIS..AND IF SO CAN THEY PLEASE OFFER ADVISE AS TO WHAT I SHOULD BE REVISING? I am feeling uncomfortable about this as it is the fear of the unknown so any help would be great!

Hi All

Can anyone help me out here please. I am hoping to enrol at my local university in September for the Early Years Foundation Degree. Before my application can be processes I have to take an English Equivalency Exam. HAS ANYONE TAKEN THIS..AND IF SO CAN THEY PLEASE OFFER ADVISE AS TO WHAT I SHOULD BE REVISING? I am feeling uncomfortable about this as it is the fear of the unknown so any help would be great!

we just had an interview and had to write about how communication matters... i think it was just to assess your writing ability...

Has anyone taken an English Equivalency Test? I am taking one in four weeks time and I am hoping someone out there can give me some advise as to what it all entails? I am sooooooooooooooooo scared lol as it is a total unknown to me. If I could just find out what I need to revise I would be able to settle down.

Anyone out there who has taken this exam? :o

Hi

have replied in the previous post

Has anyone taken an English Equivalency Test? I am taking one in four weeks time and I am hoping someone out there can give me some advise as to what it all entails? I am sooooooooooooooooo scared lol as it is a total unknown to me. If I could just find out what I need to revise I would be able to settle down.

Anyone out there who has taken this exam? :o

Ive merged these two topics.

Good luck Stepz.

Thank you for merging...I guess I got carried away with wanting to know what I am up against lol

i had to do my mathematics equivaleny before starting my eyps validation if you got to an equivalency provider website they give you a sylabus to revise for the papers try the link below and that wil give you an idea what to revise for english

equivalency testing

Thanks for the website. I have printed it out and will start looking closer at it. thankyou once again xx

I did an english equivalency test I revised using one of the internet sites such learn direct or some other adult literacy site like that sorry I cannt remember which one. (i'll see if I can find the one I used)

the test I took was 2 hours pen and paper just like a school exam it consisted of 4 questions each looking at a different writting style such as describing, instructing and arguing and one looking at poetry/comprehension

I remember writing about why we should recyle(arguing/discussion), tips for travelling (giving instructions), writing about my favourite place (describing) I then read a poem and had to answer 10 questions on it but I dont remember what kind of questions I was asked

if you have been studying and reading, you'll be surprised how much your english will of improved since school even before you try to revise so try not to panic

I also started to read the book "eats, shoots and leaves" by Lynn truss it was a light hearted explanation of punctuation I must admit that I only got half way through the book because Im a slow reader but even so what I read helped remind me what to do with comas and punctuation marks.

I only got chance to revise for 2 weeks before the exam (I was a last minute entry) and I got a equivalent to a B so I was more than happy

Good luck try a google search for adult literacy/learn direct you might find some revision sites

when i did mine it was just looking a piece of writing out of a newpaper and different quetions about the style , who it was written for etc...

Honestly the English one is a breeze -

now maths - thats a different kettle of fish altogther!!!!!! :o

I had to do one similar to you Hali, critically analyse a newspaper article, it was fine it is just to check you writing and use of language, I was really nervous but it was fine honestly, I have definetly learnt to write in an 'academic' style now but hadn't at the time of testing. xD:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)