Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Focused Activities ? How Many ?

Hi all

I am looking for some advise about Focused Activities for 0-3s please.

We have Continuous Provision Posters and add enhancements based on our observations of children and information from parents.

We also have individual plans based on key interests the child has and on these plans observations and extensions are added. They then form part of the Learning Journey.

But I have been thinking about Focused Activity Plans! I see these coming from the Enhancements to the basic provision. I want to show how we differentiate the tasks for children of different abilities. But I am confused over how many to these Focused Activity Plans to do. I think to start with I would probably do a written plan for one activity and extend it throughout the week.

How many focused tasks do you all do? Per day? Per week? Are they always planned in detail? Or is there just reference to them on an Enhancements to Basic Provison plan?

Please help. I am getting a bit confused.

Hi all

I am looking for some advise about Focused Activities for 0-3s please.

We have Continuous Provision Posters and add enhancements based on our observations of children and information from parents.

We also have individual plans based on key interests the child has and on these plans observations and extensions are added. They then form part of the Learning Journey.

But I have been thinking about Focused Activity Plans! I see these coming from the Enhancements to the basic provision. I want to show how we differentiate the tasks for children of different abilities. But I am confused over how many to these Focused Activity Plans to do. I think to start with I would probably do a written plan for one activity and extend it throughout the week.

How many focused tasks do you all do? Per day? Per week? Are they always planned in detail? Or is there just reference to them on an Enhancements to Basic Provison plan?

Please help. I am getting a bit confused.

After half term we are going give it ago that each staff memeber will base a focus activity on two of there key children each week ,making it set day every week e.g so fridays will be my day i will do all the planning for the focus activity that morning , every child who wishes to join in will be welcome to.It works out if its your focus activity day you will also do the story time , danicng ,singing sack the end of the session this way everyone knows where they stand . All paper work will be handed in to the leader week befor so she can do our planning for that week .We are just hoping everyone will have something planned for thier set day , as at present the leader and i dont not feel everyones pulling together as a team only . No matter how much you tell them things it just seems go over thier heads , some actually been with us 2 yrs now. Does any one else have this problem .

This is an interesting topic, really want to know how the other settings achieve this. We currently carry out 2 focus activities per day AM,PM. I feel it is too much, and what to reduced it to 1 per day, or 1 per week if possible so that it can be extended to other child led activites. But i feel if the activity is based on a key child, how can you make sure that all the key children are covered appropriately, over the weeks :o

Toro

After half term we are going give it ago that each staff memeber will base a focus activity on two of there key children each week ,making it set day every week e.g so fridays will be my day i will do all the planning for the focus activity that morning , every child who wishes to join in will be welcome to.It works out if its your focus activity day you will also do the story time , danicng ,singing sack the end of the session this way everyone knows where they stand . All paper work will be handed in to the leader week befor so she can do our planning for that week .We are just hoping everyone will have something planned for thier set day , as at present the leader and i dont not feel everyones pulling together as a team only . No matter how much you tell them things it just seems go over thier heads , some actually been with us 2 yrs now. Does any one else have this problem .

If I didn't know better I'd swear we work together!!! only some of our staff have been there over 10years!

xxx

we do not have focused activities - we plan for our individual children and go with what is set out but if they choose not to follow it its fine

the only adult led time we have is welcome time and story/singing time

the rest is child led

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)